KTM 390 'Adventure' (bring it on)

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
500x400xKTM-Adventure-11901.jpg.pagespeed.ic.R4dMDre_22.jpg

KTM To Launch 390 Adventure In India In 2015 | MotorBeam ? Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

"The KTM 390 Adventure will be based on the Duke 390 street-fighter version. The motorcycle will sport a stronger and longer suspension, dual-purpose tyres and a larger fuel tank. The 390 Adventure will be powered by the same 373.2cc single-cylinder motor mated to a 6-speed gearbox."

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif](MotorBeam)

Is this Just About Right or what?!
[/FONT]:applause:

Dec 2015 is the estimated date, fingers crossed

1975022_10152288449034859_128539583_n.jpg

IF KTM drop the 390 SMR and this all based on that 390 single.. They will have a amazing range from the 200 390 690 and up..

RC, Duke, SMR, Adventure..

Just a solid solid lineup.. Makes me want to buy some KTM stock.

124kg? Why the extra weight over the big Austrian singles?

... and spark-ignition. Wow.

124kg? Why the extra weight over the big Austrian singles?

... and spark-ignition. Wow.

My guess would be that as the 390 Duke is built in India, this would be on the same production line, so maybe a low cost production bike maybe even with a steel frame?

Price probably being a key aspect if this is destined for the expanding developing world markets.

Dec 2015 is the estimated date, fingers crossed

View attachment 27329

The Adventure R looks better but is a bit too dirt oriented - a supermoto version would be something I'd save my money for!

The Indian version looks too big and heavy for a 390, and what's up with those wide tires?

124kg dry - can't complain there, my 250 is heavier than that! Says here that the little 200 is 129.5kg dry:

http://www.ktm.com/naked-bike/200-duke-eu/highlights.html#.Uw672c4aqP4

Is that photoshop or does Akrapovic have its brand name displayed on both sides of the muffler?

Yes, the Indian version in the first photo does look a little big and heavy for a 390, what with it's wide tyres, twin discs and 1190 written across the tank.

Yes, the Indian version in the first photo does look a little big and heavy for a 390, what with it's wide tyres, twin discs and 1190 written across the tank.

Details, details.... why do you guys get so hung up in mere details? :ride:

I'm still not 100% convinced this is true. Only photoshopped photo's are flying around and it's supposed to be released for sale in 9 months?

Ha! You got me! These Austrians all look the same to me!
smile.png

That's the second time I've seen these Indians write about a bike and put the picture of another bike above it - what's up with that?

Thump, I wasn't trying to catch you out. Infact it was your comment about the bike looking too big and heavy for a 390 and your questioning why it had such wide wheels that actually made me look twice at the photo. Then I wondered why it needed those big twin discs to stop a 390 single.

Thump, I wasn't trying to catch you out. Infact it was your comment about the bike looking too big and heavy for a 390 and your questioning why it had such wide wheels that actually made me look twice at the photo. Then I wondered why it needed those big twin discs to stop a 390 single.

But you did! :)

Back
Top Bottom