Kawasaki KLX 250 (300) Cam upgrade mod

Alex, do you have any more info was it easy to get the parts, doing this are you losing speed on the pavement or are you just getting more power across the range ??

Dont need any parts. More torque, less hp. Tell you later when i get back

You should see the torque/HP dyno pics on that thread- iirc theres a thread on ADVrider thats more concise.
Lan at CandP removed the decompressor from the cam for me, and I decided not to put it back as there's no problem with the starter anyway.
He did the work for me, but I directed it, and accepted responsibility.
I took the fotos from the internet thread and worked it out.
It gets a bit confusing if your camchain is worn as the stretch alters the angles slightly
So figure it all out, then doi it carefully.
Turn the engine a couple of times before u start it to make sure its all free

Any recommendations for where to get the Marcelino cam mod done in Bangkok?

To be honest if you go to any reputable mechanic in BKK they should be able to do it, just print off the pages from the link to take with you.

Alternatively check out this Youtube video and if your comfortable do it yourself.

[video=youtube_share;L2kwlqdwn40]http://youtu.be/L2kwlqdwn40[/video]

To be honest if you go to any reputable mechanic in BKK they should be able to do it, just print off the pages from the link to take with you.

Alternatively check out this Youtube video and if your comfortable do it yourself.

Many thanks for the quick response. I would be more than happy to do all but the ACR removal and replacement. It's only that which bothers me.

From the service manual it looks as if the ACR is held in place purely by compression. Is that right?

Before I pull the trigger on a new KLX I need to know I can get the basic mods done such as the cam and source the bits I want/need... Want or need... that's tricky :RE

Mine popped out easily with a light thump of the hammer it's just pressed in

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Mine popped out easily with a light thump of the hammer it's just pressed in

That's good to know. So slide a large bolt / rod through the cam and "tap" it out without any bracing and then tap it back in again. Sounds straightforward enough, as long as I remember to mark the original position and check degree of rotation. I thought it was more complicated.
Thank you. Now I can go shopping ^^

Back
Top Bottom