Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 Mesh Jacket 2XL

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
Joe Rocket Phoenix 4 Mesh Jacket 2XL. Black.

Barely used item, in 'as new' condition. Worn only a couple of times, prefer my Alpinestars.

Removable Shoulder / Elbow CE protectors and non CE back pad (somewhere, will dig it out).

Removable liner (never used).

2500b. Firm. Tho consider swaps / px.

EMS anywhere in Thailand. PM for email / Cell to discuss.

Default.jpg

Stock Photo.

Good Day
If you still have the Joe Rocket Jacket I would be interested. I have an earlier Pheonix but at 10 years is getting a bit ragged around the edges. If it has been sold on not to worry.

Regards
Derek
Chiang Mai

Sorry got sold.

Also of note to any other JR owners.. That jacket had been kept in good condition, out of direct sunlight or anything, unworn, for only maybe 18 months - 2 years.. Just properly stored in a cool dry place.

When I got it out to show the interested party, he tried to put it on and said theres something wrong with the pad (in the arm as his arm went down) and all 4 pads in the jacket just disintegrated !! They all just fell to pieces at the slightest touch.

No idea why but the foam just decayed to beyond useless, maybe thai temps, but whatever it is, it made me think how many people are wearing a jacket, that under stress would fail. I have also had this happen to unworn trainers, the soles just went funny and rotted so the first time you put them on out of storage they fall to pieces, but trainers are not there to be counted on to protect you.

So worth having a firm check and bend of any jacket armor you may have stored away.

To be really honest.. You could do a lot worse than shopping the Phoenix 5.0 from the 'bay..

2010-Joe-Rocket-Phoenix-5-0-Jacket.jpg

I never felt safe in the one above, thats why it remained unused.. The mesh is only plastic and I always felt if it went down it would melt and tear way too quick. Made me realize that some panels in the jacket are important. The 5.0 brings in shoulder and elbow / forearm panels and can be had stateside on Ebay for 150 usd and 25 usd shipping.. If they under declare the value to 20 USD for customs it comes in tax free.

I tend to think its a fairly major upgrade over the 4.0, its got panels where I would want them and mesh for airflow where you can get away with it. Been considering it myself as I would like either a perf leather or good mesh for hot season.

So sure its not 2500b but its brand new for 5500b or so total to your door.

Back
Top Bottom