Info crossing into Cambodia

Sabian

Bikes
Honda wave efi, Honda shadow ACE
Hi all first post, just to pass on some recent experiences. Just completing my groups paperwork to go in and explore Cambodia and as well as the usual TM2 and TM3 you can also get a pass to tour uninterrupted by getting a pass from Cambodian immigration, also if you have a Thai license you can get an international license from the local transport office, this makes it much harder to get conned out of tea money.

IMG_E0730.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update, first time I have heard of a tour pass being issued in Cambodia, maybe they are falling in line with Laos for groups of riders.

Thanks for the update, first time I have heard of a tour pass being issued in Cambodia, maybe they are falling in line with Laos for groups of riders.
Yea same a me, never heard of it until the weekend.

"BANGKOK, 18 June 2015 (NNT) - The Department of Land Transport (DLT) said a new driving license is being produced that can be used in the ten ASEAN nations.

Drivers with the new license will be able to drive their cars in ASEAN member states, including Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia."

This is true for Thais, but there have been some conflicting reports on out of country license use by foreigners. Were you required to get an IDP or was it just a precaution?

Well recently back from Cambodia, will put a full tour brief up next few days. Border info was as follows, The TM2 and TM3 filled in, also copies of your green book x3. Copy the very front cover, the owner page and the tax paid page. passport picture page, visa page and exit visa page. x3 also licence front and back x3. Take passport pictures. Have your green book, passport and licence handy. You can park right next to the check in place and everything is within 25m. Very easy.

Coming back in from Poipet, we stayed in a hotel right on the roundabout where the Cambodian passport office is 600bt, opens about 6am queue up for about 20 minutes to exit Cambodia, easy. Then on your bike down to the Thai office. Don't go into the office where all the people are walking, follow the cars going into Thailand, you'll get 2 pieces of paper from Chong Chom and a blue customs paper too. Pull up near the office window you see people stopping at, take your papers to the window with your passport and that's it, 15 minutes for 5 of us. Drive thru then on the right there is customs, give them the blue paper, sign your name in the book and that's it all done.

Reference Cambodian Police and lights. Well we went through 5 check points will our lights either off or covered over and only got the thumbs up from the Police and never stopped once.
So there it is from the horses mouth lol.

Last edited:
Great info thanks for posting.

Great info thanks for posting.
No worries mate, the maps on the gps were really good, tied in with my maps and research stuff I found, so I could find the actual battle sites and trail.

Back
Top Bottom