Immigration and visa crackdown !!! any one having any problems ???

monsterman

I am having problems ,, renewing my marriage visa NON O Imm ,, yes i can get a retiement being over 50 but as I travel in /out 5-7 times a year for my work and business on short notice its not a sensible , convienient , or even workable option , I have used my Marriage and substantial thai bank balance in the past to have a 1 year multi entry NON Immm O visa but this year have recently been refused renewal even with more than required amounts in Thai banks and an 18+ year marriage , and a child in high school ....etc etc

the reason I was rejected ... i dont have regular monthly income ,,of 40,000 baht OK I said but i have 6m+ baht in Thai savings ,shares and banks so thats OK ,, but they said but we want to see your income per month,,,,,,,er.... i earn 3-4m a year working offshore and from investements around the world but its only paid during the 4-5 months I actually work ,,,they said thats not good enough we need to see monthly payments from a company or governement ??????!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!

This nonsense is a serious issue if it persists ,,,,this week i am here on a tourist 30 day waiver no problem as I am of to work again late next week ,,,but ????

I will apply again in October in UK but word has it that they are also making problems for same visa

tell us your problems as well ,, its definitely the end for the back to back tourist visa runners ....but I have been here for many years witha family and properties etc , and from what i hear around the web and from other offshore guys I am not the only one affected ..

You just need 400,000 Bht in a Thai bank account for at least 3 months prior to the spousal, Non-O, Thai immigration visa application (or the proof of income documentation)?

Why not just put 800,000 Bht in a Thai bank account and go retirement visa? A lot less hoops to jump through and get a multiple re-entry permit?

Agree with Phil that it is either 400000 in the bank, or an income. However, TIT and each office seems to have their own interpretation of the rules and often make up their own rules. Maybe try to contact one of the "agents" to help - yes, you will have to pay them but they normally have their contacts inside the immigration office and they know the ins and outs and generally they take care of all the paperwork.

Well i can show well over 800k in my thai accounts for more than a year...

problem is my old non IMM O based on marriage ran out due to my travel and work commitments and thats the problem I have to renew that before any visa extensions in thailand can be granted .....also retirement visa is not an option in my current situation as over the last 2 years due to work and other commitments I have not had long enoutgh time in thailand to arrange one ,, my frequent travel and absences preclude that option at present ....I have spoken to a few agents in Pattaya and BKK but they tell me I need at least a 6 week stay in Thailand to ensure a visa exemption is completed and the non O from outside Thailand is a pre =requisite .

I am offshore again next week this is only another flying visit and will try to get another non O marriage multi entry one year again when in UK ,, hopefully .

several memebers have mentioned to me that i dont seem to be around much these days ,, sad to say my trips to thailand and time spent motorcycling here over last 2 years have been , short ,due to work and other factors ,i have spent more time in europe riding when not working or doing family stuff and also as my daughter is now training with the Thai national Show jumping and eventing team i have had to spend a lot of extra time and money to back her up ,
Barmy as it seems her major sponsor is a senior Thai military officer and he is livid at my visa problems .

The marriage visa extension in Thailand always takes a 30 day under review process.. The retirement visa extension (as long as you have cash in the bank for 2 months first time and 3 months each time after) can be done in a single visit.. Go once, do the process, get the extension, ask for a multiple re-entry stamp.. And your good to go. Theres no month delay and its the easiest open and shut to get if your over 50 and have the cash sat there. Its a common miss understanding that theres a delay for retirement, it should be a one day process.

As long as you dont work in Thailand thats the obvious solution.

BTW, my brother also was told about the income needed, by London, but then applied in cardiff, where no income or money was asked.. 1 year multiple entry non imm O based on marriage issued on the spot last week.

Here's an announcement by Thai Immigration with the new penalties for OVERSTAYING your visa.

Mac

Immigration Bureau

logo.png
Warning !​
The aliens who violate The Immigration Act, B.E.2522 by overstaying more than 90 days in the Kingdom of Thailand will be forbidden from re-entering the kingdom for a certain period of time as follow ;

Overstay more than 90 days forbidden 1 year
Overstay more than 1 year forbidden 3 years
Overstay more than 3 years forbidden 5 years
Overstay more than 5 years forbidden 10 years

In the case that alien is being apprehended
Overstay less than 1 year forbidden 5 years
Overstay more than 1 years forbidden 10 years​
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -คำเตือน !
สำนักงานตำรวจแห่งชาติ ได้นำเสนอกระทรวงมหาดไทยเพื่อพิจารณา สั่งห้ามคนต่างด้าว "ที่อยู่เกินกำหนดอนุญาต" เดินทางเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักร โดยเป็นไปตามระยะเวลาการสั่งห้ามมิให้เดินทางเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักร ดังนี้.

อยู่เกินกำหนดอนุญาตเกินกว่า 90 วัน ห้ามเข้าเป็นเวลา 1 ปี
อยู่เกินกำหนดอนุญาตเกินกว่า 1 ปี ห้ามเข้าเป็นเวลา 3 ปี
อยู่เกินกำหนดอนุญาตเกินกว่า 3 ปี ห้ามเข้าเป็นเวลา 5 ปี
อยู่เกินกำหนดอนุญาตเกินกว่า 5 ปี ห้ามเข้าเป็นเวลา 10 ปี

กรณีคนต่างด้าวถูกจับดำเนินคดี
อยู่เกินกำหนดอนุญาตน้อยกว่า 1 ปี ห้ามเข้าเป็นเวลา 5 ปี
อยู่เกินกำหนดอนุญาตเกินกว่า 1 ปี ห้ามเข้าเป็นเวลา 10 ปี​

Back
Top Bottom