Hwy 1B to Phongsali Road Condition

skeedary

Bikes
Suzuki V Strom, Mighty Honda Wave
Off to Laos again next week and ask (probably Lone Rider) what the current road condition is like for the 1B from Oudom Xai to Phongsali. Was fairly crappy before but am told that it has been recently graded. And also this trip plan to chill out in Muang Khua that is supposed to be fairly special, park the bike there a couple of days and get the longtail down to Nong Kiew and back. Looking Good!

Reed was up there 3 months ago in his pick-up and said it was still pretty bad

Off to Laos again next week and ask (probably Lone Rider) what the current road condition is like for the 1B from Oudom Xai to Phongsali. Was fairly crappy before but am told that it has been recently graded. And also this trip plan to chill out in Muang Khua that is supposed to be fairly special, park the bike there a couple of days and get the longtail down to Nong Kiew and back. Looking Good!

Did that road in May 2012 (road report here: http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/laos-information/106-road-development-road-construction-laos.html#post13524. The road is being built by a Chinese contractor so I expect that the quality of the work is OK.

In October 2012 the road was still unpaved and muddy but according to the signs (see my post), the road should be ready by now. However, I heard that there were delays due to bad weather but at this moment I have no further info. Would appreciate it if, once there, you could update us on the road conditions from Pak Nam Noy (Sinxai and the junction of Rd 1 B and 2E) to Ban Yo on Rd. 19.

Back
Top Bottom