Honda CRF450L Unveiled: The Dual Sport Everyone’s Been Wanting?

Rss

Bikes
Yes
* Honda has just made a ton of people very happy. The bike that we've all asked for, we've all wondered why it didn't exist, we've all been trying to create ourselves is now a reality. Based on the updated 2019 CRF450R motocross bike, the all-new CRF450L is essentially a 50-state legal, 6-speed dirt bike […]
The post Honda CRF450L Unveiled: The Dual Sport Everyone's Been Wanting? appeared first on ADV Pulse.
7Xf2QlWF6o4

More...

Wonder how long before its available in Thailand

2019-CRF-450L-dual-sport-motorcycle-m-gray-561x374.jpg

If it's assembled here like the 250L it could cost, based on the $10K in the US, around 340K. If not it could get expensive. Definitely not just a LRP with a substituted engine though. Not long to wait to see reviews etc. Fingers crossed :sipping

If it's assembled here like the 250L it could cost, based on the $10K in the US, around 340K. If not it could get expensive. Definitely not just a LRP with a substituted engine though. Not long to wait to see reviews etc. Fingers crossed :sipping

Yes price is certainly a consideration since most people will want to mod it in some way or form, it could end up costing way more than the long awaited KTM 390 Adventure or the T7, the 37 inch seat height will prove a problem for ( me :ride: ) Thai riders. In whatever case it is a step in the right direction, although i have to say it does look pretty plain and expected the dash to look a little more inspiring, not even sure if it has a fuel gauge for those long trips they mention.

The CRF450X I read today is assembled in JP so that’s where I would guess this bike will have to be imported from. It looks more like a detuned X than an DS or small adventure bike. The aftermarket will change that though.

I agree it’s what was needed. Let’s see what the other manufacturers respond with.

Cute video.

The price is a lot higher then I expected to see and don't see how Honda can justify it, that's £7500 at the US price and will probably be even more expensive in the UK, a NC750X DCT 2018 only costs that much here in the UK and is a lot more bike for the money.

Peak power for the 2019 CRF450L comes in at 25 HP (18.4kW), is this a misprint or a joke? my GS310 produces 34 HP

Mistake I think (hope); the difference in power outputs between CRF450R (60 hp) and the L has not yet been stated by Honda as far as I'm aware.

The price is a lot higher then I expected to see and don't see how Honda can justify it, that's £7500 at the US price and will probably be even more expensive in the UK, a NC750X DCT 2018 only costs that much here in the UK and is a lot more bike for the money.

Peak power for the 2019 CRF450L comes in at 25 HP (18.4kW), is this a misprint or a joke? my GS310 produces 34 HP

The CRF450L is not on my shopping list, like you Craig I just stick with my CRF1000L and you have a nice CRF300L as well mate, you have all that you need IMO.

Yes I’ve no need for another bike. Merely interested in a bike that appears to be what so many have wanted for a good few years.

The CRF450L is not on my shopping list, like you Craig I just stick with my CRF1000L and you have a nice CRF300L as well mate, you have all that you need IMO.

Find so far not one offical Honda side that confirm the Power or maintanance intervals .
Honda Canada webside speak from dynamic strong confident power , but no number

But 25 HP could be the rest of the 450R Engine after detuning it so far that it meets the emission regulations.
also the 1000 km Oil change , its just the detuned motocrosser , less power so the oil can stay a little longer .

I would like to see a CRF450L based on the 250L Engine design . little more power with the long maintanace intervals .
If Honda can get 24 hp streetlegal out of the 250 they could get 35 -40 out of the 450 and still be streetlegal and inside the emmision laws . But a new engine costs money to develope , maybe more that Honda like to spend for a model where they expect low sales .

Exactly right Klaus, the whole point of a dual sport is being able to travel freely and not think about about oil stops every 2nd day ! I am sure the boys at Honda have to enough R&D to know what the markets need's I HOPE :dirtbike:

o.k. on TT according to Honda USA PR Guys the 450 supose to have between 40 and 50 HP.
That sounds more like a 450 .

o.k. on TT according to Honda USA PR Guys the 450 suppose to have between 40 and 50 HP.
That sounds more like a 450 .

Yes thats sounds more like it, only big issue is the price tag, quoted at around 320 k baht

Considering it's got an Alloy frame, much more sophisticated suspension, more modern designed motor, it's not that big of a surprise its priced well north of the 250L. Good news is the 350K guesstimate prices it well below KTM and Husky comparable models.

As Craig sates being assembled in Japan (as most of it's high end bikes are) won't help. One can only hope they copy Triumph's lead and once production line assembly has all the bugs worked out they would delegate it to Thailand.

Here is an interesting article on the latest info surrounding the new 450 range, including a little more clarification on the expected hp that had most people scratching their heads.

7 Things To Know About The All-New Honda CRF450L - ADV Pulse

Well - 1000 kms oil change interval and 3000 kms valve check, a gas tank of 7 liters or so and a price tag of 10399 USD. Its an enduro toy, not a real bike. A Husqvarna 701 would be a much better choice....

Back
Top Bottom