Honda CRF300L

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Guys from two local bike rental outlets are talking about a CRF300L being available for the UK market.
I don't want to spread mere rumour here and haven't been able to confirm this by checking 'Honda UK', but
the story was significant enough for one the the renters to go to Big Wing and discuss it. So did I.

The new Manager (Nook) of Big Wing Chiang Mai (not a bad promotion for a 25 year old) ...

DSC04364.jpg

...took my query out the back of the shop to check with other staff. He returned and said "Maybe Thailand" !!
Maybe mere rumour. Maybe a significant development. This may be a "believe it when you see it in the showroom" story.
Time will tell.

I did find this for what it's worth.

31055d1410003195-crf250-cbr300-mods-lets-pump-up-honda-crf-250l-frame.jpg

it was ovvious to me after the CBR300!someone owes me a beer!!! ..I can't remember who now..but he 'bet' was not going to happen .............................................. ;)

I would suspect that it is almost certain to happen now that the CBR300 is well under way.

Do remember though that it is a 286cc version of the CBR250 engine.

They just lengthened the stroke to produce 286cc.

Personally I don't like the idea of doing that and then labelling it a 300! But that's just me.

I would expect the same 286cc engine to be used, and them to label it as the new CRF300.

I did find this for what it's worth.

View attachment 36136

It ain't worth anything!

I posted this creation of mine, forgot on what site, to make fun of all the speculation.

I still believe that Honda won't bring out a 300. The CBR250 needed a boost to steal customers from Kawasaki.

As long as there's no KLX300 there won't be a CRF300.

I may be wrong (hopefully I am!) but it's interesting to see how an obvious joke (...believe it!) makes the rounds to fuel more speculation.

it was ovvious to me after the CBR300!someone owes me a beer!!! ..I can't remember who now..but he 'bet' was not going to happen .............................................. ;)

I think that was me. :)

No 300cc but new colours for the Thai CRF 250L. Last year's B&W model has been replaced by this colour scheme:

33a19a82e00caaa7f1ddae43b6211d13_zpse616220d.jpg

Seems like they changed the white tank and plastics with the black ones from the '13 CRF250M and kept the red fender, seat and stickers.

It doesn't look good because the frame is still silver as opposed to the black frame of the M.

But the above one looks better than the other choice - black with some light blue stickers which look like peeled off some shower gel bottle. :)

Black bikes are cool! I don't like red, yellow or white ones!

The CRF is a tall bike, it won't hurt to look a bit smaller.

OMG ..... Mr Yamaha and Mr Suzuki please create a mediocre pos 250 trail bike to add some variety !

Back
Top Bottom