Hi to all

akhzander

Bikes
R1200GS LC
Hi,

I am Andreas, living in BKK and just bought this month a new R1200 GS in BKK.

WP_20151112_17_09_51_Pro.jpg

Have clocked the first 3000 km already. Still waiting for my number plate.
Have clocked from 04/2011 til 04/2015 82.000 km on a Singaporian registered GSA in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia and Lao.
alte.jpg
For those who can read German you can find more here: www.akhzander.de

I have done the last 35.000 km alone and would be happy if here around BKK are some bikers with 800 + cc bikes who enjoy to do road trips (less than 10% gravel road) from 300 to 600 km per day.

I am not interested in trips with more than 5 bikers. Had a kind of 2 wheel vehicel engineered in the last Century in Milwaukee and had 1 trip with 40 HD Owners; that was a ones in the my life time expirience. Never again this brand (I had the bike 11 months) and/or trips with such a big group (no offence to HD Lovers-vintage engineering with no brakes and no suspension is just nothing for me).

I am currently not working and have a lot of time. After New Year is definitly Lao again on the agenda. If somebody likes to give it a try please let me know.

Greetings Andreas

Servus

Ich habe zwar keine 800+ cubic aber wenn dir 350 auch reichen ich bin gerade in Bangkok fahr am Montag nach Nakon Nayok dann zum Rennen naechstes Wochenende in Buriram und dannach weiter richtung Khon Khen , Loey, Nan , Chiang Mai usw.
Die kurvenreichsten Strecken mit der besten aussicht die ich finden kann.
500 km am Tag sind kein Problem , die beiden Malaysier mit dehnen ich vor 2 wochen fur einen Tag unterwegs war (500+km) waren danach der meinung ihre Bikes seien zu gross (1190 adventure ,1200gs).
Allerdings kann ich keine 10% Schotter garantieren denn wenn der Teerbelag mal in Feldweg uebergeht fahr ich weiter so lange das GPS keine Sackgasse
meldet .

Gruss
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I have read your travelling description already and it's quite fascinating.
But it's definitly not the right travelling style for me. I have thrown away the GSA in North Thailand but she was 3,5 years old already 60.000 km clocked so my pain was not so strong.
A new bike for 935.000 baht plus 35.000 for the paneers without any protection for the cylinders (caps are ordered at boxer-design in Germany) I would not take on real dirt roads.
And I will fly Thursday to Singapore for 6 days.

Neverthenless if there is later a possibility to meet it would be great because I would like to get some ideas about nice small country site roads with no traffic but plenty of bends.

That's the main reason why I have asked for bigger bike riders because with 240 kg you feel not so happy off-road. She is too heavy and also too powerful for such loose underground. Against the KLX or CRF the GS has no chance if it is really sandy or muddy. Or people are so fucking rich that they don't care to give 50.000 baht to German Auto to fix the damages from an off-road trip at the weekend.

I come originally from naked bikes but with the road conditions here in Asia I have changed to GS. That means not that I like off-road. I even had for thousands of kilometers Michelin Pilot Road 3 and 4 in use for the GSA.

But Thanks for the offer. May be there is an other time to meet. I will be New Year on Koh Samui and you live in Phuket if I have understood your description right. That is just a nice trip the 401 and 402 down.

Have a safe ride and "keine Kaltverformungen"

Greetings Andreas

Hi

o.k. english if you like .
I know the GS is to heavy , i have a XL636 with paneer thats loaded in the same range .
Thats why i use the CRF more then the XL now .
But on the CRF i carry also a lot of luggage and with Luggage i stay mostly on pavment .
Only if the road lost the pavment i still continue , real off roading i do when i can keep the luggage in the hotel mean i stay for a few days some
where.
And for new year i am still somewhere in the north as this trip goes to end of january .

if you want to catch up somewhere after singapore let me know.

gruss
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I thought it would be better to use English and not change in my second post directly to German. E-mails or PM's can be done in German of course.

I have read yesterday more here in the forum and figured out that not so many bikers here coming from BKK. May be BKK has too many other temptations or people are so pissed from the daily traffic here downtown that they don't want to ride a bike.

I hope to have my number plate on the bike by 12th or 15th of Dec. and I need 1 day from here to Chiangmai.
So, I will follow up your reports here and contact you as far as I have the green book.

Enjoy your trips....

Greetings Andreas
footer.jpg

Back
Top Bottom