Hi ............I'm new to the Philippine Forum

johnybrando

Bikes
1050 Speed Triple, Z-1, Big Singles
Hi Guy's, I'm new to your Forums, so 'please' cut me a bit of slack & make a few allowance's if I un-knowingly step out of line ! I have been to the Phippines (PAL) numerous times since the mid 80,s but all been Diving related trips & 90% to the Northern Palawan area ..... Had not really thought about a motorcycle trip there ...as it's Mmmm let say, a little bit out there ! but as I'm going to Northern Vietnam in Nov for a 4 week ride I thought well well maybe... why not PAL next year ! For those that have already done this or are living there ...have you any idea how it compare's to say North Vietnam. I'm guessing the cost,s would be similar , as too..... the roads / tracks, climate & way of life. I'm not sure where would be the best riding or the best time of year to ride in that particular area as seasonal climate & weather conditions vary greatly from region to region . I've been south down to Cebu for a month then onto Leyte & Samar for another month this was many, many years ago ( about 1988 ) & I enjoyed it ( I was wreck hunting ) but it was dodgy down there then (= N.P.A. ) & it doe'snt appear to have changed much in the last 28 years & I don't wanna go back down South again ...it's just not worth the risk ! So, I guess I'm looking North of an imaginary horizontal dividing Centre line across the PAL. Luv to hear your ride related findings & recommendations & also any bike hire info i can get too i.e . bike hire prices, who & where from , whats available & whats best to use etc. I'm gunna either buy or rent a XL125 Honda in Vietnam as this appears to be the best suited bike for my needs & still at a reasonable hire charge too ( seems to be about U.S.$20.00 a day )....as the trail 250cc machines are very expensive to hire (about U.S. $35.00 a day ) & also attract a lot of Police attention apparently. I always noted too, that in PAL it was rare to see a bike over 150cc there, so I guess a similar restriction- licence thingy happens there too ? I'm an Englishman (a Londoner ) I emigrated here to OZ 24 years ago & want out now ! as it's gone the same way as the UK ! I hate to say this but ....don't bother coming here....as in the last 15 years it's gone right down hill !!!!!! it's overpriced , over governed , over rated & Buggered ! So my riding holidays are a means of escape & a breath of fresh air .........But I'm always looking for a better place to hang my hat ( & no.... PAL & Vietnam are not those places either....but there just a nice place to visit, especially well away from the cities ) I'm looking forward to hearing from you guy's as I'm sure you will have wealth of good , hard earnt info that hopefully you will share with me . Much appreciated ! Johny Brando.

Welcome Mr. Brando.
Hi Phil , you may recall you said Hi to me & gave input on one of my Vietnam posts...THANK YOU ! Well your location say's Chiang Mai ... Thailand....so where are you in PAL ? I've seen you suffer from wander lust.... as I do.. but you clearly get around much more than I , well done ! Phil can you help answer any of my PAL questions below ??? Cheers.

Thanks for your welcomes guys i appreciate that. I ended up deciding to ride Northern Vietnam & I arrive there Nov 2nd for a 4 week ride on my own around the Top end there...hope to hire a XL125 to do this on. Thanks again for your kind responses.
I'll be trying to close this thread & un subscribe from the Philippine Forum now. Cheers Johny Brando.

Back
Top Bottom