Hi from Pattaya

garethw

Bikes
KTM 250 EXC-F
Hello,

Just discovered the joys of dirt bikes after riding road bikes for the last 25 years or so. Living just outside Pattaya and having a dilemma over a KLX 250 or wait a month or 2 for a new Honda CRF to arrive.

Hi there.

If you're talking about the CRF250L and KLX250S EFI, neither of these are really proper dirt bikes and will need significant modification with tires, gearing, protection, etc. for any serious off-tarmac use. The power is restricted and maintenance is not as simple as on a real off-road bike.

Luckily, 100% reliable, invoice tax paid, and dirt-prepared Yamaha TTR250's and Honda XR250's are available for around 60,000 baht in good condition.

I would agree, if you're going to do more off-road than on-road, it's hard to argue against a Honda XR250.

AlexUSA said:
Hi there.

If you're talking about the CRF250L and KLX250S EFI, neither of these are really proper dirt bikes and will need significant modification with tires, gearing, protection, etc. for any serious off-tarmac use. The power is restricted and maintenance is not as simple as on a real off-road bike.

Luckily, 100% reliable, invoice tax paid, and dirt-prepared Yamaha TTR250's and Honda XR250's are available for around 60,000 baht in good condition.

Hi cheers for the post, where am I likely to find these? I've looked around Pattaya and not had much luck so far.

garethw said:
Hi cheers for the post, where am I likely to find these? I've looked around Pattaya and not had much luck so far.

I'd start by asking your Thai buddies or any mechanic who has dirt bikes sitting around his shop. The internet probably isn't going to be so helpful here. Mocyc.com might have a few but most of these bikes aren't going to be on the web.

garethw said:
AlexUSA said:
Hi there.

Try find someone connected to one of the enduro clubs in Pattaya, they should be able to find something

dirttrackthai.com
mocyc.com

loads of bikes available on these sites, get someone who can read thai to help..

Good Luck.

P.S If you do end up getting any of the bikes you mentioned in your first post I would go with the Honda

Luke any specific XR250's on mocyc look good at the moment?

Stokes70 said:
dirttrackthai.com
mocyc.com

loads of bikes available on these sites, get someone who can read thai to help..

Good Luck.

P.S If you do end up getting any of the bikes you mentioned in your first post I would go with the Honda

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BillyBaht Introductions 5
P Introductions 3
E Introductions 2
Back
Top Bottom