Harley Tracks: Across Vietnam

6gear

Bikes
Harley Davidson Fat Boys 1998 & 2008
Hello,

I'm new to this forum.
I recently returned to the states after 15 years in Asia. 3 of the last 4 were in Vietnam where I rode my Harley Davidson 41,000 miles in the spirit of freedom. I didn't see everything, but few have seen as much as me and the Fat Boy. It was a fantastic adventure and journey of enlightenment.

I have tried to post photos here, but multiple attempts were futile; thumbnails would not enlarge or line up in order, and one always got kicked out????

For viewing a couple hundred photos I invite you to view my new website www.harleytracks.com and as I read book excrerpts a lot of photos will slide through for viewing.
Note: The present manuscript/excerpts have yet to be professionally edited

Enjoy, Ride Safe & Enjoy the Spirit

I have tried to post photos here, but multiple attempts were futile; thumbnails would not enlarge or line up in order, and one always got kicked out????

Frustrating isn't it?
What a pity we can't see your pics here; but I believe things will improve in the near future.
Hope so.

I'll look at your website.

Will look at the photo issues, sorry to hear you were having problems...I just uploaded probably 100 photo' s without a problem, I wonder if its an internet speed problem?

Will look at the photo issues, sorry to hear you were having problems...I just uploaded probably 100 photo' s without a problem, I wonder if its an internet speed problem?

It could be internet speed, browser or ghosts in the machine! I can solve many problems, but when it comes to internet system operations I'm not the brightest light in the ball park.

I'm new to the many forums I have recently joined, and I'm busy this morning getting them better organized for continuity and time management.
I will return soon and try posting photos.

Hey 6gears,
Welcome to Rideasia!
Just have a quick browsing your site and found lots of nice photos of you. It seemed a really fun trip.
You may share with the guys here how did you get the bike into Vietnam and how 's your ideas of riding here, besides your photos.
About photo uploading, you should put the link of fullsize photos, not the thumbnail (100x100).
Let me try one:

03-Riding-Under-Cover.jpg

Doh... it works!

Thanks 6gear for persevering with us, as you may know we have recently made a massive improvement to this forums connectivity & performance so any posting now should be a lot easier.

If you still have troubles, please drop me a pm & I would gladly walk you through any difficulties you are having with uploading to the forum.

For people reading this post and want to see more of 6gears stuff, go here ...

View attachment 15201

And ... A warm welcome to RideAsia :)

Ally

Thanks 6gear for persevering with us, as you may know we have recently made a massive improvement to this forums connectivity & performance so any posting now should be a lot easier.

If you still have troubles, please drop me a pm & I would gladly walk you through any difficulties you are having with uploading to the forum.

For people reading this post and want to see more of 6gears stuff, go here ...

View attachment 15201

And ... A warm welcome to RideAsia :)

Ally

Hi Ally, Thanks for the warm welcome, and showing off my site. I'll keep up better now and post more photos as things happen, but as you can see, the snow is a bit of a problem right now. LOL I sure do miss the trails of Vietnam. Still a little cool in the north, but some great temperatures around my old Memento Home in Nha Trang. Take care my friend.

Hey 6gears, the world is pretty small. I also know very well Memento 's owner. I meant Quang his wife Tho (Quang is Liem's brother, and I think you know Liem better than Quang). We have stayed in Memento for couples of time while traveling along Vietnam.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
6 Vietnam Ride Reports 0