Happy on Van Van

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
I saw this young Thai guy with his Van Van during my journey to Nan recently.
He was returning to Phayao after riding the bike through Vietnam and Laos.
He had no issues with his bike.

DSC03200.jpg

6.5 litre fuel tank might be an issue, although it should return around 40kms/l giving a 240km range; so no worries there.
Balloon tyres and very comfy seat.

Had one in Holland for some time, a yellow one of which I posted a few pictures before.
Great little bike, good road holding and great cornering, only downside is the small engine, limited top speed especially with my 1 meter 92.

From 2007 the VanVan comes with fuel injection instead of the carburettor featured on earlier models. It is often referred to as a 'sandbike', as its low-pressure wide-section rear tyre helps grip and propel the bike across loose surfaces.

And this looks like a later type with fuel injection as well

still think the Yamaha YBR KG only made in China is better bike IMO
now with the with a engine big bore kit had done in CR then had a rolling road run done at Honda Big wing CM
engine pumps out 10 KW with 22 Nm done me well all over Laos/Thailand and China and with a tank range of over 450km what more could you ask for (before engine was modified tank range was close to 600 km) more power less range heheh

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 4.jpg

Well, Prince666 may consider the Yamaha YBR KG a better buy, that maybe the case if you have ties in Mainland China but for us folk in the North of Thailand it's not an option. The only alternative for the VanVan is the Yamaha TW125 which is not for sale in Thailand either.

It would be interesting to see if there will be big bore kits available for the VanVan in Thailand?!
I believe the French VanVan club mentions a 180cc kit, too bad my French is rusty.

Yes Bob I know the what you mean like you I get pissed off about not having the choice of big bike (Japanese legal) available in China , we are all waiting and hoping more bike come over to China from Thailand at a good price, because now we don't have that choice and all imported bike are so so expensive to buy here, when it come to small C.C. yes we have a great choice and at some real good deals
Like here is a link to Taobao (Chinese Ebay) for the Suzuki 125 GTi at only 30,500 B new ???

ÁåľĦÍгµÕû³µ/¸ß¼¶°æQS125-5H/5G¿¥³ÛGTX125ĦÍгµ/½Ö³µ/ÆïÊ¿³µ-ÌÔ±¦Íø

gti.jpg

GTi1.jpg

gti2.jpg

gti3.jpg

But you run the risk will the bike be ok when it come out off the box TIC hehehhe

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels Suzuki Motorcycles 0
bsacbob Suzuki Motorcycles 4
Back
Top Bottom