Got me a new bike

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
I've researched this bike for a few months and seeing I'm nearing my 7th decade thought, 'Why not become a Cruising Gentleman?'
The CRF Rally and the Versys 300 were in the mix for a while.
Incidentally, Kun Lan at C&P has some negative comments re the Rally.
For me the 300X is too revvy.
So a-cruising I will go.

Big Wing at CNX actually gave me very good service and threw in free first class insurance.
(The Rebel 300 next door was available with a free Go-pro).
Mine had a small scratch on the exhaust, probably from some-one sitting on it.
That was pointed out and 10 minutes later I'd had a new exhaust fitted!

Khun Tan (my guy) said the Rebel is their biggest seller now.

Because I believe in being fully covered my first ride was to the nearest Temple to have bike and rider blessed.
Well, I've done this with my earlier CRF, Africa Twin and D-Tracker and my riding here (for whatever reason)
has been incident free so far. May that continue.

DSCN2034.jpg

DSCN2045.jpg

DSCN2050.jpg

And now it's off for a cruise.

Thanks Phil.
No, doesn't feel 'feet forward' around town (although the Phayao ride is soon).
Knee bend is about 80 degrees, not forward of vertical.
Correct placement of the right foot on the peg is the critical thing for optimal comfort.

Just sharing.

Last Sunday when collecting my Rebel at Big Wing I was introduced to the Director of Niyom Panich, Khun Montree (aka 'Boy').
We had a brief chat only because the place was preparing for a party.
So I was invited to 'catch up' with Khun Montree at a later date; he had a 'Rebel Republic' shirt to give me!
And I wanted to have a general chat to him about Big Wing.
He gave me his business card.

So I called in, unannounced, to Niyom today and was directed to his office on the 4th floor.
He gave me the shirt ...

DSCN2088.jpg

DSCN2087.jpg

... and we chatted about customer service at Big Wing.

I told him that there have been quite a few complaints about Big Wing CNX, which he was aware of.
We discussed the topics of 'professionalism' and 'first impressions', both areas of criticism with regards to BW CNX.
We also discussed the need for salesmen (no women yet ... which we also discussed) to have better facility with spoken English
to better serve 'Farang' customers or potential customers. It was thought that if even only one salesperson had good oral
English that person could be the one to serve non Thais.

We compared BW CNX with other dealers in Chiang Mai and Khun Montree agreed that improvements were needed at Big Wing.
He appreciated a chance to discuss these topics.

So, it will be interesting to see if this eventually translates to improved performance in their showroom.
We didn't get around to discussing bike servicing but I'm sure this can be discussed later, perhaps after my Rebel's first service.

I share because this is an indication that some-one in power seems to be genuinely interested in improving service.
That can't be a bad thing.

Nice graffiti wall behind Big Wing too!

DSCN2084.jpg

Back
Top Bottom