Goodwood Festival of Speed 2016

TB-Racing

Bikes
various
The annual automotive bonanza that is the Goodwood Festival of Speed kicked off and the weekend's events are being streamed live on the internet, so if you aren't able to make it, you can still keep on top of some of the action by watching the feed

As usual, there's a plenty of famous bikes and riders taking a spin up the hill at Goodwood. This year's lineup includes Carl Fogarty, Phil Read, Colin Edwards, Nicky Hayden, Giacomo Agostini, John McGuinness, Ricky Carmichael, Bruce Anstey and Sammy Miller riding a range of bikes including the Padgetts TT Fireblade, a Norton Lowboy, the Mugen Shinden electric TT bike, a Honda RC213V, Suzuki XR35 RG500, plus various classic BMWs and MV Agustas.

Official Website: http://grrc.goodwood.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GoodwoodRRC

Just leaving now to head there.. One of the best 'car guy' days of the year..

What a day.. The sun shone.. There was wonderful metal all around, the howl of race engines being given the berrys, cars being hooned full chat on the tight hill course.. The access, in and out of all the machinery in the paddock, deafening nascars and drift cars, clacking and ratling pre war monsters (a 24 liter 500bhp monster with 4 inch hard rubber tires was especially awe inspiring) everyone grinning ear to ear, owners seemed stoked to talk to the public and feel the enthusiasm back.. Celebs of the motorsport world just hanging out and mingling.. Then the exotics and new releases.. the Maclaren tent.. The new NSX.. The bugatti Chyron (spelling ?) debut.. The lambos and so many lik the new Lexus LC500 'sub supercar' category.. The BMW art cars.. Just thing after thing every which way your head spun. Getting to have a seat in the new M6s, or the 63AMGs.. yes, well, most appealing..

Was just superb.. Managed to charm my way into the ferrari hospitality zone where free champers nibbles and a seat right trackside where the exotics lined up made my afternoon.

As stunning as the hyper cars and exotics are.. My heart pumps at wandering around the racers, these are the stars to me.. Lancia stratos with the melted rubber thrown up its sides.. Or the 3l CSL batmobile beemers.. Arbarth rally cars, dakar trucks, nascars, DTM past and present (BMW was the featured Marque this year) LeMans GT racers.. open wheel single seaters.. Everything bellowing noise and fumes.. Just more than you can take in..

The owners so generous to let the general public so intimately around them and seemingly just as happy as we are about it, every one of them seemed ready to chat, to talk about their car, the engineering or its history, their passions..

Goodwood really is a petrol heads mecca an should be done by anyone with a love of cars.

Only had a mobile phone so only got some 'snaps' will try to sift through them later.

Back
Top Bottom