Good Film

Just Bob

Bikes
KTM 950SM WR250R
Documentary on Netflix right now. Cheesy soundtrack but stunning HD visuals.

Burma: Encounters in a Forgotten Country(Begegnungen in einem vergessenen Land)

Drift high above the stunning landscape of Burma in this innovative documentary that was shot predominantly from hot air balloons, giving viewers a rare glimpse into a politically troubled land of exquisite natural beauty.

No Netflix here in Thailand but watched the trailer from their website - seems to be very interesting.

cropped-Header-template.jpg

They Call It Myanmar: Lifting the Curtain

Excellent find Bob, thanks for sharing that!

Ally

"THE LADY is an epic love story about how an extraordinary couple and family sacrifice their happiness at great human cost for a higher cause. This is the story of Aung San Suu Kyi and her husband, Michael Aris. Despite distance, long separations, and a dangerously hostile regime, their love endures until the very end. A story of devotion and human understanding set against a background of political turmoil which continues today. THE LADY also is the story of the peaceful quest of the woman who is at the core of Burma's democracy movement."

On a personal note - one of my favourite movies. It's such a shame it's not that well known (even if from a famous director).

I've been anxiously awaiting "The Lady" to come to the screen. Michelle Yeoh (Jean Todt's wife, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) was the nexus for the film, hand picked the director and met with Aung San Suu Kyi during its production. The fact that they bear a striking resemblance is icing on the cake.

One of the most moving cinema experiences for me and judging from the nose sniffing and lack of popcorn noise in the audience, not just me :)

Not so much a film, more like an edited sequence of moving photographs.
Simple yet powerful!

Back
Top Bottom