Goggle HD Video Cam

Mark Rossi

Thought this looked pretty awesome.
IMPACT SERIES HD – VIDEO CAMERA MX GOGGLE
1500x500.jpg

2500x500.jpg

3500x500.jpg

4500x500.jpg

The Liquid Image Impact Series HD is a motocross/off?road goggle with an integrated HD camera for True
POV™ footage.

The goggle contains a 136 degree (full field of view) wide angle lens to capture all the
action while riding Motocross, ATV or Downhill Biking.

The hands free unit has a 5.0 MP (2560 x 1920)
camera mode and a video mode that records HD720P video (1280x720) at a rate up to 30 frames per
second with audio. The Impact Series HD can hold a Micro SD/SDHC Card up to 32 GB.

A 4GB Micro SDHC
card is included. With the use of a micro SD/SDHC card, the camera is capable of recording thousands of
photos or hours of HD video.

Files may be downloaded to a computer through the High Speed USB/RCA
cable provided, or through a Micro SD/SDHC card.

Impact Series HD 720p
Colors- Red or Black
Cost $250.00

Get yours now at http://www.motomutts.com

The GoPro has a great wide angle lens, i wonder how this wide angle lense compares in the real world

"The goggle contains a 136 degree (full field of view) wide angle lens to capture all the
action while riding Motocross, ATV or Downhill Biking. "

great idea this one

After a lot of research and reading reviews on different headcams I opted for the contour hd.

The problem with the goggle one is that it's only 720p at 30fps max. Both goPro and contour hd have 1920p at 30fps, and more interesting 720p at 60fps.

I watched a lot of videos and comparison, for offroad biking you definitively want to shoot at 60fps to have a fluid footage. Plus you can mount those anywhere you want, not just on the goggles.

Then between goPro and contour hd both are pretty much good, I just didn't like how big the goPro is and how it sticks out on top of the helmet (just last ride I hit my the top of my helmet against bamboos and trees at least 10times, that's 10 kills for the goPro).

And at last, the price for the contour hd is a bargain on ebay, ordered it new with waterproof case and a second battery for the equivalent of 170 usd (thanks to the high value of the swiss franc) and additional 50usd for shipping.

What you want is this one:

1(1).jpg

Here's a link to someone selling a new GPS Contour 1080P on eBay for just over $300 incl. P&P to Thailand. Do your own research on the sellers though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-CONTOUR-GPS-BL ... 841wt_1141

I've had the 720P Contour for two years now and its a great piece of kit, but the new GPS one is outstanding. I brought one in for a friend through eBay.

The Contour GPS will shoot at 1080P/30fps/110deg, 720P/60fsp/135deg and it will fit on your goggles with the goggle adapter. Ive stopped using goggles and just stuck it onto the side of my lid. But it works well both ways.

web.jpg

Yeh just bought this one but without the gps got same features except gps obviously (don't really need it). On uk ebay they sell it as combos with loads of extras (like secondary bat., waterproof case, different mount options...). So much cheaper than here in Thailand.

Can't wait to get and try it.

Here is a try of the ContourHD in my swimming pool. Image quality is really nice, even allows for slow motion down to 12% of real speed.

(watch in HD)

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFhauKMktIA[/VIDEO]

Back
Top Bottom