Givi side boxes on a Versys

Ally

Bikes
PCX - with custom valve caps
Recently fitted a set of Givi E21 side boxes to my Versys & thought I would share the method I used with the rack set ingredients provided.

Here is the mouth opening which will lock the box to the rack.
image-1.jpg

3 key positions, to get the box on & off the bike you select the middle position & press the red button firmly.

I actually prefer to open the box lid & push the rear of the locking system (inside the box) firmly towards the rack, rather than pushing the outside of the box.
image.jpg

These are the precious pair of lugs holes that snugly fit over a pair of corresponding lugs on the rack.

photo.jpg

In the rack system packaging came some instructions & approximately twice as many bars & bolts than you actually need, giving you flexibility to mount the rack in a variety of ways.

BUT THE INSTRUCTIONS CLEARLY STATE - USE A MINIMUM OF 3 BARS IN YOUR CONFIGURATION

So as you can see from the image below, I have 1 forward & 2 dropping down from the top.

rack2.jpg

The variety of bars provided in the pack allow you to weave the bar in front or behind existing frame structure.

Hope this is of use to others considering a similar fitting.

Note - I purchased this box & rack set from Chiang Rai Saddle Bags and had them shipped to my home by EMS.

Ally

Back
Top Bottom