Garmin Montana waypoints full

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Hit the "mark Waypoint" icon the other day on my Garmin Montana & got "Waypoints full".

Plugged the Montana into the computer and saw 4,805 wp's. Presumably this varies from device as to hoe much narrative you have in your wp data.

Removed all the waypoints from the Montana hard drive and copied them to a sd card with the Garmin folder structure. Restarted the device and waypoints showed up fine from the sd card.

Tried to save a wp, got "Waypoints full" again. Looks like when loading up when starting that all the wp's go into the buffer of the device so still has maximum wp's in the system.

I then removed 600 wp's and added them to a second sd card, so got the wp's on 1 sd card down to 4,200 ish.

wp4200 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Restarted the device, tried to save a wp & still got "Waypoints full" with only 4,200 on the sd card now.

Very strange.

Reminds me of the old days. When the ashtray got full in the car, it was time to buy a new car

Hit the "mark Waypoint" icon the other day on my Garmin Montana & got "Waypoints full".

Plugged the Montana into the computer and saw 4,805 wp's. Presumably this varies from device as to hoe much narrative you have in your wp data.

Removed all the waypoints from the Montana hard drive and copied them to a sd card with the Garmin folder structure. Restarted the device and waypoints showed up fine from the sd card.

Tried to save a wp, got "Waypoints full" again. Looks like when loading up when starting that all the wp's go into the buffer of the device so still has maximum wp's in the system.

I then removed 600 wp's and added them to a second sd card, so got the wp's on 1 sd card down to 4,200 ish.

wp4200 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Restarted the device, tried to save a wp & still got "Waypoints full" with only 4,200 on the sd card now.

Very strange.

Have you tried to reduce the number of waypoints to below 4000 as Garmin indicates that the maximum number of waypoints which can be stored on a Montana is 4000

Back
Top Bottom