Fuel overspill + hot engine = ouch!

All, reminds me about them crazy gas stations with the tin tea-pots for filling up in certain China provinces. Might be a good educational movie for them service station idiots or better not ~ they might refuse bike refilling at all at gas stations in some China provinces (North) and let's not give 'em any crazy ideas....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 333
For me getting gas in Thailand often is a pain.
Why do they have these attendants, sometimes kids, and often people who aren't any more mature?
I don't know how often they overfilled my tank, making a mess. They look at the counter, not at what they are doing, they are more interested in getting a round number so they don't have to return with any change, and fill in until it shows 200 or 220 or 240 baht, whatever.
But while they're looking at the numbers, they overfill the tank!
What do they care if gas spills over, as long as they don't need to get a few baht change.
And they don't listen when I say: "Okay! Enough! Stop it!"
Or I say "Song roi dai!" when it's 192 baht. No, they grin and fill in more until it comes out.
It made me mad so many times that I often hope the next time I'll get an attendant who is halfway intelligent.

Sorry about this rant but this topic sets me off! :)

Same Problem here , mostly with the CRF and its Pump protection .(the 2 Wires in the Filler neck)
One Lady pull even the nozzle out of the Tank as she look at the counter
and give the hole Bike a nice shower .

With the IMS Plastik Tank now they try to fill it many times to the absolut top , but the Tank Cap
goes 2 cm deep into the Filler Neck what cause the Spill if i want to close it .

Best example for Brainless Gas Station attendants.
I pull into a Shell Station , stop at the first Pump , its 95 gasohol and diesel .
The attendant stand already there and i ask for 91 . He show me the next Pump.
so i push the fully loaded XL 6 m to the next Pump with 91 benzin.
Remove Helmet and Gloves , the the Tank bag and the Tank cap .
And tell the guy full please and the answer was 91 no have strangling

Well ~ sounds like we all have the same issues with service stations in Asia.
Good thing we have the self service sections (pumps) and pre-paid cards (reference pic attached) to avoid the service station attendants coming near any motor vehicles.

Filling up myself all motor-vehicles while in Mainland China, no worries ~ no dramas.... nuff said'....

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 235
After over 30yrs working in an oil refinery it was fun watching them putting out the fire - especially the guy who kept throwing buckets of water at it!

Its India , what you expect .
I have seen them trying to put a fire out with the same (clear/thin ) oil that cause the fire.

After over 30yrs working in an oil refinery it was fun watching them putting out the fire - especially the guy who kept throwing buckets of water at it!

Back
Top Bottom