First Ride: 2018 Honda Africa Twin ‘Adventure Sports’

Rss

Bikes
Yes
It is well known the pitfalls of forgetting the past. And Honda made sure that we, the motorcycle media, did not neglect the history of the Africa Twin with the launch of the new Adventure Sports CRF1000L2. To put us in a historical mood, we were gathered in Prescott, Arizona, which was the first capital […]
The post First Ride: 2018 Honda Africa Twin 'Adventure Sports' appeared first on ADV Pulse.
7O3RjiKMqm0

More...

2018-Honda-Africa-Twin-models-561x374.jpg

Hi Bob

Thanks for posting.

From an owner of a CRF1000 DCT model with over 18.000 KM ride time here are my views on the new upgrades.

First of all, I must point out my AT came fitted with many extras fitted by the first owner.

1. Taller screen
2. Wider footpegs
3. Engine guard and crash bars
4. Center stand
5. Higher bar mounts
6. Cruise control.

If you are looking for more of an offroad type bike then the new 2018 AT is the bike for you?

The new throttle-by-wire system would be nice with the extra bigger tank size, with all the other bits, longer-travel suspension and higher ground clearance and more engine modes are all nice extras for the hardcore offroad rider.

The only problem I have with my AT DCT model is explained here.?

The biggest difference we felt between the new CRF1000L2 DCT Model and the previous DCT model was the clutch engagement. Obviously, we aren't talking about the clutch lever. We are talking about when the bike is stationary and idling and you give some throttle to get going. We have a 2017 Africa Twin DCT test bike we've ridden quite a bit in technical terrain. One our few complaints is that there is a lurch, a sort of little jump, right off idle. This isn't an issue any other time, just when in first gear getting on and off the throttle, the engagement point is a little vague and jerky. This can be frustrating when really trying to pick your way through tight, bars-to-the-lock type of riding.

This problem is only on the DCT models and after a few 1000s km you work out this problem the best way you can?

The Downs...

Seat hight now 50mm more?

Cost (DCT Model) nearly 50.000 THB more? ($ prices could more here in Thailand with Taxes and duty)

Looking to do more Hard Core offroad stuff and you have long legs? then the new 2018 AT is the one to have.

With a few modifications to the old 2017 AT which won't cost 50.000 THB to modify, then stick with the old version

When available in Thailand?

Any idea when would the CRF1000L2 be available in Thailand?? Anyone?

Based on when the CRF1000L1 was being sold in Thailand? I Would say at least 6 to 12 months after its general release date?.

Hope you have long legs Ozz1
And still, need to find out the price, IMO close to 600,000 THB for the none DCT model

Back
Top Bottom