Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
The route 107, 1089, Hwy1

Total distance 128 km
IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg
It was heavy overnight rain again in Fang and although I have lots more tracks there to explore they will have to wait until another time after they have dried out as some of them are unrideable now
IMG_1705.jpg
I left in light rain after waiting until about 11 am but only got a few km before it started pissing down again.
I took shelter and later on a couple of Thais stopped there too on bikes, they were on their way to Thaton and upon phoning their friend found out it was dry there.
By the time I reached Mae Ai the roads were dry and it was like this until past Thaton.
The plan I worked on last night was to take the 3037 over the mountains to Mae Suai but I soon abandoned that idea this morning.
Further on I thought about taking the 4044 which would have brought me into Chiang Rai and avoided the terminally boring hwy 1 but upon reaching the turning it looked like an unpaved track so I gave it a miss
IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg
Back to rain again as I ascend towards the Doi Mae Salong turning
IMG_1710.jpg
No wonder I found it cold, despite putting the windproof liners in my airflow clothes I was shivering.
Thats not the temperature I expect in Thailand right now.
Has anyone any idea when this crap weather is going to finish? I thought it had gone by last weekend but now it appears to be back with a vengeance.
IMG_1713.jpg
In Chiang Rai and surprisingly I could not find a cheap single room anywhere as they were all full up
IMG_1714.jpg
I settled on this one with en suite and hot shower for 200 Baht which was the best deal I found
IMG_1717.jpg
N19.90457 E099.83071 in Jetyod Road
IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg
One of the guys here told me there was a lovely Muslim restaurant virtually next door to the Mosque.
I found the Mosque only to discover the restaurant was closed, it said open tomorrow
IMG_1721.jpg
70 Baht from the market and I was stuffed

Crazy how late in the year this rain is hanging around Colin, at least it's not slowing you down much.

Back
Top Bottom