Ewa-Marine

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Canon Powershot S100. A bit worried about getting it drowned. A diver friend recommended I take a look at the Ewa-Marine website ewa-marine: Underwater housings & rain capes for video & photo cameras

They have a wide range of soft enclosures for your camera. There is a re-seller in Thailand but I get a warning from my virus thingy when I try to access their website
Here's the one for the S100

(Id put the photo here but the insert photo doesn't work!!!) http://www.ewa-marine.com/uploads/pics/3D-M_400x400_01.jpg

Attachments

• 3D-M_400x400_01.jpg
    3D-M_400x400_01.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 390
If they do steam up you can put either a small salt bag or better any of that silica packs you get when you buy new optics..

I have used similar and song gran and it worked fine, sure the lens isnt as clear, photogs would shrink in horror at the sharpness and F compression, but mere mortal taking snaps its just the cheap ticket.

As long as its cheap ish I wouldnt mind one for the S95.

You can also purchase desiccant bags to absorb the moisture thus eliminating the "steaming up process". Should be able to get these locally somewhere...

more infor here: ewa-marine: CD5

Just a note, these cases are waterproof up to 10 meters which is pretty decent if you decide to take a wrong turn on yer bike into the sea or lake!

With dessicant you can put it in a moderately warm oven and it'll get the moisture out and you can use it again. It should be blue when dry and pink when it has taken moisture in. I used to have a small sack of the stuff that I used over and over. The little bags you get with new stuff are pretty useless.

Got my Canon S100 and Ewa Marine waterproof case. Took both to the swimming pool for a test. Works pretty good with photos and videos. Must admit I was a wee bit concerned submerging it at first but all was well. As previously mentioned condensation was an issue. The case did come with a couple of bags of desiccant however I tested it without to see how much of an problem condensation would be. Wasn't too bad to be honest but realistically you do need to throw a bag in to control the build up. Will try again and see how effective the desiccant bags are.
When you first power on the camera you have to ensure the lens doesn't touch anything or you get a lens failure warning and it shuts down. I just pulled the case out slightly making sure it could extend without fouling any part of the case. After that it worked pretty good. All camera functions were easy to use apart from the rotating knob function thingy.

8038749787_d6fdd5dae2_b.jpg

8038753802_e0c3e2f750_b.jpg

8038753324_026de366c4_b.jpg

8038748253_7b6b8cdeac_b.jpg

You can see the condensation build up here
8038747817_92d9b18f1d_b.jpg

Desiccant that came with the case/enclosure
8038747433_3fd893546b_b.jpg

Some scary results:hmm
8038754497_db44e9edc3_b.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MastaMax Cams - Bike, Helmet & Web 5