Ducati 795 made in Thailand.. 400k.

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
Well the hard to believe rumors came true.. 399k..

Thats gonna hurt the resale value of current 696 / 796 ones in country.. 796 ABS is 658k, new 795 (no ABS yet) 399k.

http://ducatithailand.com/pricelist.php

http://www.monster.ducati.com/

M795_rossa.png

Makes you wonder if the rumors on the even cheaper 795 hyper motard will happen ?? the HM was 40ish under the same engine monster previously.

Try and sell a used FZ1 over 300,000 bht now

Another bike following the Versys helping to re-price the second hand motorcycle market in Thailand, nice to see some reality emerging.

Yeah nice to see that bike prices are getting more realistic and that the choice of bikes increase, one can just hope that someone -Kawasaki perhaps- will start selling large capacity motard/dirt bikes here, there is still a huge gap in the "local" bike market in that segment.

Triumph are now trying to renegotiate their deal with Thai BOI /customs to match Ducati , so Boneville and Street triple 675 prices should eventually fall to around 400k too.....

It's funny how the price of a Triumph Bonnie etc has risen from 590k to 700k recently.....

Davevb said:
It's funny how the price of a Triumph Bonnie etc has risen from 590k to 700k recently.....

Triumph dont control the sales here its the dealer network ,the factory are no longer happy with the old deal ,they have spare capacty and want to sell more bikes in thailand , expect changes next year other wise they will continue to sell very few bikes,,,,,HD are also reviewing the main dealer in BKK (powerstation) and negotiating with BOI for improved import deals as grey importers are selling 4 NEW HDS for every 1 that the Authorised main dealer sells!!!!!!! because they are cheaper , thats not the late model second hand HDs that are also very big gray market sales .

Monsterman, do you have a link to your information?

Well, it is only good news for bike biking in Thailand being able to have a wider choice of road legal bikes at a cost similar to the rest of the world. It must be hard if you were thinking of buying a Bonnie/Thruxton/Scrambler (I have no idea if the rest of the range had price changes, not following them) and suddenly saw the price increase B110,000 overnight with no explanation or changes to warrant it. Now (if, of course you read RideAsia) you have the tantalising prospect of saving hundreds of thousands of Baht if you wait until next year instead of paying B110,000 more for one now. Confusing.

They're here -

Don Hodgson

"Just received our 1st delivery of 795 Monsters, assembled here in Thailand. And they are all sold"

— Ducati Pattaya.

ducati monster 795 delivery.jpg

Davevb said:

So they can re price it later at the knock down price of 590K :RE

Ducati pattaya have sold 30 monster 795 in 43 weeks and 7 other ducatis as well

next Thai made model will be a 795 hyper probably around june according to the dealer and others in pipeline , also triumph are now actively talking to BOI about duties as Ducati have a better deal and both companies are having the engines imported but actually triumph has a bigger % of thai made parts so its patently unfair ,,,,The owner of the pattaya francise is not connected to Bangkok dealer and has tried to get triumph too but he is waiting for triumph to sort out the price issue and the politics of the present dealer network .

monsterman said:
Ducati pattaya have sold 30 monster 795 in 43 weeks and 7 other ducatis as well

next Thai made model will be a 795 hyper probably around june according to the dealer and others in pipeline

Jerry did he indicate a price on this? At the right price a perfect bike for here

phil ....he does not know the price yet but should be in the same range as the monster,
Dave Vb the price rise for Bonnie models ,is a dealer issue its not a Triumph price rise ,the dealer network is a stranglehold on triumph sales here which Ducati has broken and now its up to Triumph to follow, my info comes from certain people in the local industry ,
i have it from my Thai source at the BOI ,he is family one of my son in Law's, that Triumph have started re-negotiating with BOI and Customs about a fairer deal.Its complicated politics and face saving that will be required due to the influential persons who currently control the dealer franchise here .

The current monster is more than the HM so if the new HM is in line then it should be the same or less than the current 795.

One to watch..

WOW if the Hypermotard 796 becomes available in Thailand that will now become my road bike, awesome, fingers crossed....please keep us updated

6474.jpg

FWIW...

Yesterday, I was at the Ducati showroom in Pattaya.
In addition to the 399K-Bt...the _current_ fee for the registration & license plate is...2,500-Bt
HOWEVER, the sales rep informed me that effective July, the fee will be 15,000-Bt.

Any sign of the Hypermotard yet?

Grathiam said:
FWIW...

Yesterday, I was at the Ducati showroom in Pattaya.
In addition to the 399K-Bt...the _current_ fee for the registration & license plate is...2,500-Bt
HOWEVER, the sales rep informed me that effective July, the fee will be 15,000-Bt.

Back
Top Bottom