Dom Kralor Cambodia / Voeung Kam, Laos/

bill

Bikes
KTM 500 XCW
I went through today, Cambodia to Laos, on my Cambodia registered 1000cc bike

Cambodian customs want $10 for the export paper
Immigration didn't ask for exit stamp money.

Laos customs charge Kip25,000 for the temp import paper. He asked for more, but Kip25000 is whats written on the form so that's all I paid. Good for 1 month.
Laos Immigration asked $2 for the entry stamp.
VOA was $31

I didn't bother haggling.

Thats the procedure for a Cambodia registered bike, I dont know about bikes registered from other countries.

Good report. Lao officials rarely charge anything more than the "official" fees, which includes stamping fees that are normally listed as "overtime" fees but each border is different and the remote ones (like the Lao-Cambodian border) are a world of their own. The Cambodian side is a different story, overcharging is rife and bargaining is well advised. Still, with a bike (or car) often you just want to enter the next country and that you did. Thanks for the report.

Do they sell insurance and is there money exchange available on the Lao side?

I went through on a Sunday and didnt see anywhere selling insurance at that border. Bought 2 weeks worth of 3rd party in Pakse from AGL
Cost was kip72k for the higher coverage and around kip45k for the cheapest one

For money exchange, I bought a few hundred dollars worth of Kip at the market in Stung Treng, Cambodia. The rate was USD1 = Kip8300 which was the same as in Pakse.

Location for AGL insurance office in Pakse N15 06.929 E105 48.372
Red arrow bottom of pic points to AGL office waypoint
2017-01-13.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-01-13.jpg
    2017-01-13.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 307
Back
Top Bottom