Delayed introduction from JB - Mae On, Chiang Mai (CNX)

jb2112

Bikes
N/A
Hello fellow Riders,

I thought I had posted an introduction last year, but alas, I was mistaken. Here it is now:
Although I was born in the UK, I grew up in the USA and had ridden motorbikes maybe 3 times including my teen years. Early last year I had this strange desire to learn how to ride. This happened while I was living in Brazil. I was also planning a short trip back to the States and a scouting trip to Thailand from May-July 2011.

On my month-long trip to the States I took the Basic Rider Course approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. As well as gaining experience and training from this 2-day course, I also needed the cert in order to get my endorsement. This course left me with invaluable information to practice such as REALLY looking through turns and counter-steering.

A month later I fell in love with Chiang Mai, Thailand, and decided to make it my home.

In short, I had no real riding experience when I arrived here. My first purchase was the relatively inexpensive Honda CBR 250 R. What a great starter bike and for me there is presently no real need to upgrade to a bigger bike. The 2nd purchase was an even cheaper Lifan 200 Cross dirt bike. I have had some growing pains with this bike: personal and bike issues!

To sum up: Riding is ALL so exciting to me. My personality is more of the solo-rider type, but I know at my level I need some company out there, especially in the jungle! Feel free to contact me about my experience with newbie riding, newbie bike purchases, newbie anything!

Now, GET OUT THERE!

Best,
JB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introductions 1
Steve Canyon Introductions 4
Back
Top Bottom