Danish Dynamite

El Dudeness

Bikes
KTM 1190 ADV R, KTM 250 EXC-F
Hey guys!

Opening statement here from the cold north in Scandinavia - greetings from Denmark!!

I've owned many iron horses during the past 20 years and this has evolved to my current setup of a KTM 1190 ADV R and a KTM 250 EXC-F

I love off roading on both bikes and I also do a lot of touring on the elephant - I've travelled basically thru every European country from the Northern Cape to Istanbul to Spain and I am no where near finished.

I compete in the nationals in enduro as does my girlfriend. Along side that we also do a bit of track days - yeah we're complete geeks when it comes to motorcycles!

We're visiting Asia here in January and are looking forward to saddening up on the ol' two wheeled down there as well although it will be rental - but HEY - we're still looking forward to it very much!

See you guys out there and have a safe New Year's!!!

Dudeness

91EA5A58-AEFE-4F8A-B1F7-E40EF45A2E26_zpsrdnidoxe.jpg

0DCD0EC3-D495-41C1-BD5B-F619EF4BBF72_zpsay4iwmxl.jpg

Excellent. Welcome to Ride Asia. You'll love the riding here.... everyone does

Great bike! Have you had any of the airbox dust issues or upgraded the intake?
How does it cope with off-road? Is it just too big and heavy or is it actually useable in real dirt situations? Out of all the big adventure tourer wannabes it does look like the only one that could take the abuse from some proper dirt.

Thanks Bigfella - yeah we're really looking forward to it. Practically on the verge of imploding!!

Great bike! Have you had any of the airbox dust issues or upgraded the intake?
How does it cope with off-road? Is it just too big and heavy or is it actually useable in real dirt situations? Out of all the big adventure tourer wannabes it does look like the only one that could take the abuse from some proper dirt.

I have tried to get the dealer to make the preferred upgrades (Rottweiler) but it isn't going to happen in the warranty time. They put in a K&N filter and some intake socks (which was the selection made by Mattighofen) but I don't think they're doing the job well enough. Here are some pictures og the intake I took while I was mounting my steering damper and already had her disassembled:

415785FB-4338-4F0C-8588-ED2F1909A939_zpscl7etb8c.jpg

E0216F4B-1A04-43DC-8758-EEACA9C5E1FA_zpsbmm5ze0u.jpg

As you can see there's a bit of dust in there - not a lot though. At the point in time the ol' bag had gone around 17.000 k's

Here's a pic of the wipe result:

BAEFA3FD-47B1-4574-A869-B1A59C866315_zpscctcj9sx.jpg

Not really that impressed and when the warranty sets out I'm going for the Rottweiler and putting some liquid gasket fluid where the box junctions.

But listen - this bike is awesome! It's so much fun to ride - and yeah it can take you some pretty gnarly places and I do believe that hit is easier to ride than it's competitors (GS1200, Super Teneré etc....)

Wow yes you can see a little build up on the rear stack however nothing compared to some other R's I've seen. I nearly bought a second hand one and was concerned with regards to the dust ingress issue. I asked the dealer if I could disassemble the parts necessary to have a look below the airbox and they wouldn't let me so walked away.
Definitely has a dirt pedigree more so than the others. However it's not the best value in Thailand compared to the GS purely because of price, service and warranty, KTM need to raise their game in this department to match the inter-galactic prices.

Back
Top Bottom