Cross the border to Vietnam with a big Bike ???????

asiarider

Bikes
Suzuki DRZ 400, BMW R Nine T
Is it now possible to rider over the border from Laos into Vietnam with a big bike 800 ccm ? All the years not over 175 ccm. A Austria Company EDELWEISS TRAVEL offer a trip from Chiangmai through Laos into North Vietnam and back Laos - Chiang Mai.

Re: Croos the border to Vietnam with a big Bike ???????

Is it now possible to rider over the border from Laos into Vietnam with a big bike 800 ccm ? All the years not over 175 ccm. A Austria Company EDELWEISS TRAVEL offer a trip from Chiangmai through Laos into North Vietnam and back Laos - Chiang Mai.

Travel by bike from Laos to Vietnam is possible but you still need a permit from the Vietnam authorities before you can cross the border so in practice nothing has changed at least as far as I know.

3 months ago.

68579603_1934809923310150_2857067753456533504_o.jpg

69134998_1954732691317873_6058030849654259712_o.jpg

Nice, did you have any issues crossing at what point may i ask.

Thanks for the photos.
Thai plated bike? Did you arrange a permit in advance? Any problems while in Vietnam?

Thanks for the photos.
Thai plated bike? Did you arrange a permit in advance? Any problems while in Vietnam?

I just got back from nearly 3 x weeks riding in Vietnam, I rode from my place in Chiang Rai to Mukdahan to meet my fellow riders, 5 x Thai Registered bikes and we crossed the bridge into Laos and then through Laos to Vietnam and the tour began from there, Mike Gagne from ATT Bangkok organised the trip through Asian Wings Travel (contact is Win)....................no issues whatsoever at any of the border crossings, we had agents help us through which made it very easy.

We had to supply greenbook in our names, 4 x photos of our bikes from each direction, and the tour company did the rest of the work................it was a great experience and no regrets at all, some stunning scenery in Northern Vietnam, Thai drivers are alot better than their Vietnamese cousins, yes thats correct :D

We didnt see any other big bikes in 3 x weeks, nothing like Thailand o_O........................another member of our group hired a Triumph 800 in Vietnam and joined us, I think he said about $110 US per day, no real issues with any of our bikes, I returned home lastweek @ 6022km hairy biker.........great trip :giving:

Yes, you can cross the border to Vietnam with your bike, but you must follow these 5 conditions:
1. Working through an international travel agency in Vietnam like Vietnam Motorbike Tours Club with clear itinerary, detailed hotel bookings.
2. Your motorbike must be registered in your country and attached with number plates
3. Your motorbike must have a technical safety and environmental protection inspection certificate and a registration certificate
4. International Driving License, your country's driving license, blue card
5. An approval letter by the Vietnamese Ministry of Transport (obtain at least 15 days ahead of time)
Price varies from 200-650$/bike depending on the number of people in your group. For more details on documents and prices, you can check out: Vietnam Caravan Tours – Crossing borders with your bike

Back
Top Bottom