CRF250M modification in CNX

Changnoi1

Bikes
Kawasaki Z250
As I just sold my Versys I am considering to buy a Honda CRF250M (or a Honda CB500F).

I am considering to go to CNX to make some test rides on bikes (renting) and then maybe buy one (and ride it home).

But sure for the CRF250M I need some modification ... making it lower.

So does anyone knows somebody who did lower his CRF250M (or L)?

And does anyone know if there might be a shop in CNX selling a lowering-kit for the CRF250M (or L)?

Easy to just replace the bones on the swing arm, most bike shops in CNX will sell them.

Or do a trip to Laos with some luggage on the back - the shocker is not up the job, & I guess it loses its gas, and presto, the bike lowers itself !!!
Yes, I'm due a visit to Nat Honda to try my luck on the warranty issue ... wonder what excuse they will find ...
"ah, Pumpui man... not designed for u, sorry !"
Anyone else suffered this ? (the bike, not the belly!)

Or do a trip to Laos with some luggage on the back - the shocker is not up the job, & I guess it loses its gas, and presto, the bike lowers itself !!!
Yes, I'm due a visit to Nat Honda to try my luck on the warranty issue ... wonder what excuse they will find ...
"ah, Pumpui man man... not designed for u, sorry !"
Anyone else suffered this ?

What failed?

I saw one that had been lowered by drilling another hole in the bottom link, thinking of doing it to mine.

My DRZ was like that when I got it.. I didnt like the look of that, scared it was still structurally strong and the thought of that failing was enough to make sure I replaced it with new links.

Russ - Don't work for me, I'm about Thai size.
LL - I have an engineering background, it'd be fine. The extra hole would be closer to the treaded bit anyway.
Deffo don't mean the alloy 'rockers' - oh no no no...

I recommend riding the bike for a while, you may get used to the height and later even like it!

I had a XR650L (seat height 37" or 940mm!) and thought I had to change it. But I got used to it and liked "looking down" at bigger bikes. Even a GS owner will look up to you!

I'm 5'10" or 1,79 m so not especially tall. I like the M just the way it is! :)

5' 10", you're a giant in my world Thump. I will give it a week or so to see how it goes then start to play around with the mods, rear shock will be first on the list :lost

As I just sold my Versys I am considering to buy a Honda CRF250M (or a Honda CB500F).

I am considering to go to CNX to make some test rides on bikes (renting) and then maybe buy one (and ride it home).

But sure for the CRF250M I need some modification ... making it lower.

So does anyone knows somebody who did lower his CRF250M (or L)?

And does anyone know if there might be a shop in CNX selling a lowering-kit for the CRF250M (or L)?

The best way to lower it is riding it!

I have my M for four months now and put about 4,000 km on it. On my last ride I realized that the seat has an indentation where I sit most of the time, meaning the foam has already worn out a bit, or has been worn in by my weight. Now I can easily put two feet flat on the ground - I remember very clearly that when I sat on it at the dealer's and in the fisrt couple of months when I rode it only on the weekends the seat was new, was straight and I could not put both feet on the ground.

It's difficult to measure but I'd say that the seat height has come down an inch all by itself. I'll redo the seat soon because I liked the higher seating position.

Chang Noi, what did you get?

Since you had a Versys and were considering a CB500 why didn't you get a CB500X?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Karlalton Bike Talk 0
The Bigfella Bike Talk 0
KMA Bike Talk 6
LED Kev Bike Talk 6
LED Kev Bike Talk 8
Back
Top Bottom