Cooling vests?

Lightemup

Bikes
KTM 690 Duke 2014
After having ridden for about 6-7 hours a day for the last 4 days, I have come to the realization, that I might need a cooling vest to keep the body cool to fight fatigue.
Anyone have experience with these things and recommend a brand?

No experience with them... but all the sports car drivers at the Bathurst 12 Hour race last month seemed to be wearing them.

These need an astronaut type pump and coolant. Have you looked at those widget things you jam under the wrist of your normal jacket to give extra airflow?

An evaporative type under a mesh jacket would work well.

They only have to be wet with water to work for a few hours at a time.

FLY Racing Evaporative Cooling Vest Motorcycle Sports Silver | eBay

msNaTAWwtXRL0GwqWM8itWQ.jpg

Thats the first time I have seen the pump style cooling vests, I only had seen the evaporation ones..

2 days ago our day went longer than planned and simple sweat had my T shirt an evaporation one !!! By the end of the day, with no camelback or anything like used for dirt rides, I was getting a real dehydration issue.. Hot season is well and truly here.

With it being so dry and hot there's a thick layer of those big brown leaves that are as slippery as hell everywhere,so trail riding is treacherous ATM.

Within 200m of joining the Bamboo trail the other day i had 2 front end loses and near crashes in ruts under the leaves that i couldn't see.

I have started to use this product by Leatt, so far i'm impressed it's been very cool compared with other pressure suits i have used.

Can be bought from http://www.dirtshopthailand.com/th_ProductsDetail.aspx?pid=1914

Leatt 3DF Airfit Body Protector by Atomic-Moto

View attachment 27954

I just bought some Leatt 3DF foam knee pads for under jeans.. I wanted something low profile and easier to wear than my full off rd knee armor but these still claim to be CE level protection. I am super impressed with this strange impact foam, and the fit and comfort is fantastic. So this pressure suit is one I had looked at and will probably be what I go for after my 661 dies.. This impact foam stuff seems really clever.

Tho I dont think these pressure suits are the kind of thing Keld meant when looking for cooling vests.

Yes, Loop has the right type in his post.
But no one here has actual experience with them? (Yes, I can read the reviews on sales pages)

I have had my vest for a few years and love it. Just soak it in water for 3 min and its good for most of the day. Works great with a mesh jacket over top.
Here is the website.Evaporative Cooling and a photo IMG_0786.jpg

Back
Top Bottom