Coming to Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia from Denmark

Charlotte

Bikes
WR250R
Hi ya'll
exiting to be here!
My name is Charlotte and I will be coming to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia from december and staying for 3 months.
I am thrilled to say the least and am about to plan the trip. Or rather do some research about places to stay and what to see.
First of all, I would love to do some offroading/enduro and looking for places to do this that are not too expensive - or even better, to find people I can ride with and perhaps, rent a bike from them?
I don't want to plan too much - I love the feeling of having the possibility of doing exactly what I want :banana:
If possible I would also like to do some volunteer work, so If you know a place that could use a helping hand perhaps I'm the Girl for it :white flag:
I am looking into the option of buying a small bike/scooter and travel this way - though must admit I'm a bit anxious of the traffic in the large cities..there's just so much a throttle Can do ;-)
If you have any recommendations about basically anything, I will gladly listen.
Thanks and all the Best!
Charlotte

Charlotte, first of all welcome to Ride Asia after your initial signing up difficulties.

Maybe it would be better if you could best explain your itinerary ie; where do you plan to start your trip, i see you own a WR250 so do you plan off road or paved routes on your trip or a mixture of both, have you budgets in mind for a bike purchase and daily expenses ?

Hi Bob
thank you very much for your help with the signing up and for this advice.
I Will start out in Hanoi and buy a small bike there ( something like the Honda Win) and use this for my travelling on the main roads. Besides that, my plan is to rent an offroader - like my WR- and do some offroading when ever its possible. This would probably be with a guide or small group, I could imagine. So any advice on places to do this, would be very much appreciated.
At this point, I cant tell you of a specific route I want to take. Much of the adventure for me, is taking one Day at a time and to whatever destination I feel like. I might get closer to a route, when I figure out places to do some nice offroad tours and then make my decisions based on this.
Thanks, Charlotte

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introductions 12
VietHorse Introductions 12
R Introductions 2
Back
Top Bottom