Chinese Built 250cc Adventure Bike Coming to the US

R

RSS Feed

The Chinese built Zongshen RX3 250cc Adventure Bike is on its way to the U.S., now rebadged as a CSC (California Scooter Company) Cyclone RX-3. CSC is known for custom styled scooters hand-built in their factory in La Verne, California. Now the company plans to certify the Zongshen RX3 for the United States market and […]
The post Chinese Built 250cc Adventure Bike Coming to the US appeared first on ADV Pulse.

More...

Still waiting for it's arrival in LOS :giving:

American site showing interest, think they like it.

Lighting Up the Net - California Scooter Company - - CSC Blog

http://www.prlog.org/12363512-csc-announces-new-250cc-adventure-touring-motorcycle.html

The_CSC_RX-3_Cyclone.jpg

Funny, I was reading this article only yesterday. I know the name Zongshen from my days in Laos. I immediately searched Zongshen Thailand and took a nose around their website. Nothing doing.

Although not for everyone and possibly a recipe for disaster, it would be (as far as I'm aware) the first small ADV bike in Thailand (avaliable in December) and could spur on the big names to get in on the act.

This is a small UK built bike I'd really like to have a ride of too CCM Motorcycles Parts GP4S0 adventure Dakar Crossers mt230 ATV Racing Scramble Bikes

The CCM is an awesome bike, but pretty expensive in England so if they came over to Thailand they would surpass KTM in the price stakes.
As for the RX3, time will tell but from the suggested asking price in BKK show it would be worth a look the build quality should be on a par with some of the parts on the new BMW 800GS :umm:

Hi Guys
Here is a link to a Chinese forum called "MyChinaMoto" , you will find some interesting reviews on the RX3 been on sale in China for nearly a year now cost in China under 50,000 B new
I hope the link help people decide on there decision to buy or not buy ?

Link...... Zongshen RX3 report

Prince666, great link do you have any local knowledge first hand from owners, good or bad ?

Prince666 do you have any local knowledge first hand from owners, good or bad ?

Hi Bob
well it's like this mate first have a read of the review....
Now you must remember people who have lived in China understand then when you buy a Chinese made bike i.e. like the RX3 people don't expect too much and do expect to have issues with the bike, so what you would consider to be not acceptable with Thail made bike is excepted as the norm in China.
So do China make good bikes???? i have 3 now only because imported bikes cost so much here in China .
All 3 bike i have had issues with some small some not so small , but in the end "I" had to sort out the problems with no help from the main agent (all bikes was new and came with full warranty)
But from my point of view the fact that i live in China and the bikes are so much cheaper to buy, and with the added bonus that the parts are very cheap to buy , not if the parts fail but "WHEN" because parts will fail.
so IMO Chinese bikes ???? ok the best word i can think of is problematic .
But its only time before Chinese made bikes are very good , but the time is not now Bob .
When or if you decide to buy a Chinese made bike please bear in mind this.....

Caveat emptor

all the best

Steve

Hi Bob

Just some update from the guy who started the thread on MCM about the RX3 just been posted 1 hour ago...

[FONT=&quot]"After 25,000km, I still like mine. I'm still using it and it made it to Turkey without any major issues. 250cc was definitely enough in China. In terms of ride quality, I don't feel unstable going as fast as it possibly can. No shakes or anything. The wheel bearing and a few other issues discussed here I think might be worth looking into if you decide to get it but all in all I'm happy with my choice."[/FONT]

Kudos to the guy for making the trip and no major mechanical problems to speak of. So pretty much you get what you pay for to some degree so long as you are prepared to deal with niggles along the way, i guess the big issue in Thailand would be what the dealer network will be like and the level of service.

Reminds me when i was a youngster and the first Japanese bikes started to come to England and we all laughed oh how we laughed :lol3

F800GS clone anyone?

[video=youtube_share;n-1KcaySoaw]http://youtu.be/n-1KcaySoaw[/video]

Looks like the kind of bike I would buy in China to bypass the bullshit regulations on motorcycle touring with a foreign bike. For $3.5K could be worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom