China's Great Wall of entry

roostersoverland

My partner and I travelling Overland from OZ and are currently in Pai. We are here for a while due tp a wee accident. Well more an "off" where I sacrificed my foot to save the DR650.
So here we are and using our bonus time to explore options for our next stage. Budgetary decisions of course.

Questions for those who have built a fantastic information resource on this forum.

Coming from an island, we Aussies are blind sided by the amazing options you guys have here and so thee info you have to share about riding Asia.

Congrats on a fantastic site!

First up... do you have a good contact for 'ground crew' in China we could use to take our bikes into China? After all, we have the time!!

An unguided crossing has been made, so we are exploring our options here.

Your local info and advice would be greatly appreciated.

If youre in Pai, us Aussies put on awesome BBQs. and we have one mobile rider looking for a ride.
Cheers

My partner and I travelling Overland from OZ and are currently in Pai. We are here for a while due tp a wee accident. Well more an "off" where I sacrificed my foot to save the DR650.
So here we are and using our bonus time to explore options for our next stage. Budgetary decisions of course.

Questions for those who have built a fantastic information resource on this forum.

Coming from an island, we Aussies are blind sided by the amazing options you guys have here and so thee info you have to share about riding Asia.

Congrats on a fantastic site!

First up... do you have a good contact for 'ground crew' in China we could use to take our bikes into China? After all, we have the time!!

Your local info and advice would be greatly appreciated.

If youre in Pai, us Aussies put on awesome BBQs. and we have one mobile rider looking for a ride.
Cheers

hi there ,I am in pai at the moment,sorry to hear of your foot!,get in touch if u like..yes me and a few other riders were organizing possibly a ride throu China /Mongolia in the summer.. :DD
PS have u met the owner at the pai pub? cool Oz- guy!

sergio

First up... do you have a good contact for 'ground crew' in China we could use to take our bikes into China?

Well ~ the wishful thinking and a lot of talk about cheap, free and easy motor-vehicle travel by short term visitors (tourists) in China pops up every year all over the internet but won't be happening soon.
More restrictions concerning free travel of foreigners in the Tibet and Xinjiang regions were launched just last year.

Quite a few threads going on over at the HUBB = http://www.horizonsunlimited.com and a couple of options about China tour guides and agents are posted.

Bear in mind, the Middle Kingdom called China has and will work in mysterious ways in the future and there is always a way around the miles of red tape but involves a lot of paperwork, running around in circles and $$$$'s....

TIC = This is China!
1. Everything is possible in China.
2. Nothing is easy.
3. Patience is the essence of success.
4. The answer "yes" is not necessarily an indication of agreement or confirmation.
5. "You don't understand our country" means they disagree.
6. "Provisional regulations" mean they can change the rules any time they want, even retroactively.
7. "Basically, no problem" means a BIG problem.
8. "Signing a contract" means the beginning of the real negotiation.
9. When you are feeling optimistic, think about rule number two.
10. When you are feeling discouraged, think about rule number one.
11. It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.
12. If they tell you, that you know China very well, say NO - otherwise they'll show you, that you don't!
***above are just some of my simple China business rules***

Might be good idea to get over to Chiang-Mai RIDERS CORNER and check with the guys that rode into Mainland China previously like Phil (owner / operator) of RIDERS CORNER = http://www.riderscorner.net and lets not forget the "ground crew" = http://www.asianbiketour.com

Good luck and keep us updated on progress, some great riding spots and regions around the massive country called China....

hi thanks for your useful input..you are already in ,but as you may know ,for us to go through China from Thailand we need to contact a chinese operator to organize the permits/guide etc and meet up at laos /china border.No need for carnet de passage neither for Laos ,China or Mongolia.
China is the only "problem", like I said before ,we are a group of 4/5 riders going with a self organized non commercial trip for july /august.anyone interested can get in touch,we re looking for a few more to share costs, 10 max total.also space for 4x4s in ,at same quote as riders*plus can have passengers at a lower quote,since no need for driver licence.this is pure ADV
:giving:

hi this is pure ADV

Spot on ~ every day is an adventure in the Middle Kingdom!!!

Post up your China route and schedule and there is always a possibility to meet up somewhere as i am bouncing all over the country during 2015 once again...

Check the RA China information section, posted up some info about China tour organisers and rental companies as well the HUBB http://www.horizonsunlimited.com has good updated China travel info.

sure will let u know as we have more details.. we also have a post in HU

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Spot on ~ every day is an adventure in the Middle Kingdom!!!

Post up your China route and schedule and there is always a possibility to meet up somewhere as i am bouncing all over the country during 2015 once again...

Check the RA China information section, posted up some info about China tour organisers and rental companies as well the HUBB Welcome to the global home of motorcycle travel and overland adventure travel! | Horizons Unlimited has good updated China travel info.

Back
Top Bottom