Chiangmai ToyRide event Dec 8, 2011

Hoghead

The Chiangmai ToyRide is planning another give away ride event Dec 8, 11.
This time the site is a small village school about 20 Km from the turn off to Pai, then about 4 km uphill on a rough dirt road to the village. I will post the GPS coordinates, time and meeting place, and hopefully a map, but please mark this date on your calendars.

The last 4 km is uphill and a bit rough but the locals have little trouble on a Wave so it cannot be too bad. No problem on a dual purpose or KLX type bike but unless the road gets a bit of work between now and then it is a bit much for a big road bike. We are now organizing transport for the give away swag, and 4WD truck transport from the main road for those riding road bikes. One of the local villiagers will stand guard over our bikes down at the main road so no worries there.

The final logistics are still being organised, and I will post again when we have transport arranged in the event that the road is not improved.

We rode today to check out the next proposed project after this one. It is another school 10 km off the main road to Chiang Dao just where the construction begins. A good single lane concrete track all the way but for about 1 km. I went in today on my Versys with road tires and no problem. I could have done it on my Harley Dana but not on a Bagger
Projected date is Boxing Day or Dec 26 to you Yanks.
Details are still being nailed down and will advise

The Chiangmai ToyRide is pleased to have Ride Asia as one of our Sponsors and we look forward to seeing you at the Dec 8 event
Please see our website at www.chiangmaitoyride for more info

Thanks very much Hoghead

The date is in my diary and lets hope a few others can make the ride & enjoy the spirit of giving.

Ally

The Dec 8 event departs the X-Centre in Mae Rim 10 AM so get there early if you want to eat and socialize
We have 4 pickup trucks to transport the road bike riders form the road to the village so hope to see you there

Thanks Hoghead (& by means of this - the rest of the organising group)

Looking forward to seeing you and the other riders there too.

:RO

Ally

A map showing the school location is below:

6450305621_11ca7e3ecc_b.jpg

A little clarification on the map:

The ride will assemble at the Chiang Mai X-Centre in Mae Rim, DEPARTING at 10:00AM.

It is approximately a 45km (one way) ride from the X Centre. We are going to park the bikes at a road that turns west off of 1095 just past the Coffee on the Hill shop as shown on the map above. That is 3 km past Ban Pa Pae or 33 km from the 107 Hwy. If you have a GPS that point should be N19 08.157 E98 42.052

Once there, we will regroup and head 5 km up to the village, shown along the dotted line on the map.
Hope you can make it.

Nice little ride up to Pa Pae and then a little off road excursion along with the Chang Mai Toy Ride group made up from a varied mix of riders & people who assist the organisation.

You can see more pics here ...

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

Ally

Just looked at all your pictures, looked like it was a great event as usual, congrats to Rob & Dave for making it such a success. (Nice photo's!)

Thanks to all the Riders that came, and to our Sponsors for making all this happen.
Next event is the Boxing Day (Dec 26 to you Yanks) give away ride to the Mae Meh orphanage.

Great pics Ally !!

Thanks Robert

Looking forward to the 26th December event very much.

Ally

Back
Top Bottom