Chiangmai Immigration moves to the Promenada Shopping Mall

Lone Rider

Blokes Who Can
Bikes
4 Wheels
Finally confirmed but Chiangmai Immigration is moving on 20 July to the Ground Floor of Building A of the Promenada Shopping Mall located at N18.76594 E99.03680 just west of the "Super Highway" (Rd. 11) and north-west of the Don Chan Intersection (Junction of Rd 11 - Chiangmai to Lampang and Rd 1141/1317 - Chiangmai Airport to San Kamphaeng)

Chiangmai Immigration Moves.png CNX Immigration.png

That should increase foot traffic in that mall,plenty of parking and places to wait in AC comfort.

Good idea.

Non - O Spousal visa still at the old location? That should cause some confusion.

Guess that most of the activities are moved to Promenada as at the old location they are going to build a new 3 story Immigration building

What about a letter of residence, is that still at its new location of a year ago, just east of Hwy 11?

I assume that the Letter of Residence will still be at the location opposite the Promenada. However, the Immigration office is not very forthcoming with detailed information. This is what the Facebook Page of Chiangmai Citylife CitylifeChiangMai indicates that more info will be available on Monday:

BREAKING NEWS: Chiang Mai Immigration is officially moving to Promenada Resort Shopping Mall on July 20th.
Services that will move include:
Retirement
90 day check-in
Tourist
Medical Case
Re-Entry Permit

More information will be brought to you on Monday.

Have to renew my boi visa next week, guess it will still be at the old location then? Confusing to move only part of the services.

And then drive all the way to prom to get the multi-reentry stamp. Sounds very unpractical.

OK, I just came back from the Immigration Office where I asked about what is moving to the Promenada location. According to them it is only the 5 things mentioned above, Retirement, 90 day check-in/Reporting, Tourist, Medical Case and Re-Entry Permit will move.

Basically these are the things the Immigration Officer him/herself can decide to grant it without having to refer things to Bangkok. However, all other things like BOI Visa, Non-O Spousal Visa etc. where things need to be referred to Bangkok, will stay at the old location.

When I brought up the issue of extending a visa at the old location and then having to travel to the Promenada complex for an Exit/Re-entry permit it was confirmed that, Yes, indeed that is a hassle but that is the way it is. They did indicate though that things might change over time but for the moment it will only Retirement, 90 day check-in/Reporting, Tourist, Medical Case and Re-Entry Permit will move.

Thanks for the info!

The new Chiangmai Immigration service center at Promenada will provide services including Retirement visa, 90 days reporting service, Tourist visa, Medical visa and Re-entry permit.

The Immigration Service center is located on the Ground floor of Building A (connected to the parking area) at the Promenada Resort Mall Chiang Mai. The opening hours are from 8:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, starting from July 20, 2015. For more information, please call 053-142788.

Promenada.png

Promenada Immigration.jpg

Had a walk by there today and seemed to be working perfectly and not overcrowded at all, well done Chiang Mai Immigration, great call. Still confusing as to where you would renew your Non-O visa though.

I was told that only Retirement Visa, 90 day check-in/Reporting, Tourist Visa, Medical Case and Re-Entry Permit will move to Promenada and that ALL OTHER visa extensions, etc. will stay at the same place

Back
Top Bottom