Carry-on luggage

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Carry-on luggage

A friend recently managed to get a KTM 300 EXC-E into Asia in parts -- here the engine which fitted in the suitcase nicely.

ktm 300 engine in wheelie bag.JPG

Ha,
From what I remember of the story, Jason didn't have so much luck, as he and his engine were thrown off the plane, minutes before take-off !

How that got through customs/security at the airport ill never know! awesome...

I tried that with my KTM 525 motor. I got it out of Thailand but got pulled off the plane in Japan. Seems the bomb sniffing dogs took an interest in the gas and oil residue from the motor. Darn those efficient Japanese, why can they not be as carefree as the Thais.

I remember also sneaking a whole KTM 65 in suitcases with another individual into Thailand from Malaysia.

It can be done but its a bit nervewracking and a big bore 525 fourstroke motor weighed 97 pounds without the starter. Hard to make it trivial looking when hoisting onto the counters when you weigh 130 pounds.

What airports did he use on his trip for the 300?

I don't think there is any law which prevents you bringing your own bike parts into the country via air, as long as it's not over the value of goods which you are allowed to bring in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Bike Talk 6
KTMphil Bike Talk 18
KTMphil Bike Talk 1
KTMphil Bike Talk 15
KTMphil Bike Talk 0
Back
Top Bottom