Cancellation of Northern Enduro Club Event 23-24 July

barrygrussell

Bikes
Kawasaki Z800, Yamaha Mio
I just spoke with the FMSCT (the FIM in Thailand) and the Northern Enduro Club have been forced to cancel this weekend's event.

Because part of the course is on public roads and the bikes are not road legal the police have forced the cancellation. In other words the FIM events are a thing of the past in Chiang Mai until the promoter finds a closed course.

FMSCT are replacing the events with two more in the south of Thailand on closed courses of around 7km. Provisional dates are September 25th and October 23rd.

Presumably Northern Enduro Club will be able to run non-sanctioned events, but you guys in the north will know more about that.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

I checked to confirm Barry and this is absolutely true, the FIM Asia Championship round is cancelled, however they are still running a round on the Northern Thai Enduro event in Chiang Mai this weekend

Mark Rossi said:
I checked to confirm Barry and this is absolutely true, the FIM Asia Championship round is cancelled, however they are still running a round on the Northern Thai Enduro event in Chiang Mai this weekend

Ah - That's a shame I had my camera's all ready!

Yes, a shame. Until the promoter finds a closed course there won't be any more FIM sanctioned events

Should still be a decent show if anyone is interested in checking it out. I'll be riding E3 class with the "50 Karaoke" (formerly Dragon Karaoke) team that's also contesting underbone and 125. :lol: Just look for the white guy. Rode most of the course today with some friends and the stage north of the 1096 (probably Saturday's second special stage) is pretty brutal. :?

Saturday race begins with a free run from 700 years and then probably one special stage on the truck roads south of the 1096 and one north of the 1096. Sunday will probably be a moto/endurocross test in Hangdong.

and here's Alex riding

I'll be posting some more pics and vids soon,some're on my youtube and flickr pages now
5967310662_f394801239_z.jpg

Thanks so much Alex.

I think I put up a damn good time on SS2 (down the rock tower). Will see how things go with the moto tests tomorrow.

SS3 will be at "Pan's Shop" private track or something west of B. Nam Prea on the canal road. SS4 is going to be an MX-style running start and three laps. Rider service at 700 years parc ferme 7.00 am and then free run down to the track.

Any GPS coordinates or approx times for Special sections?
SS2 is Nim See Seng MX track right?

ThePoMoBro said:
Thanks so much Alex.

I think I put up a damn good time on SS2 (down the rock tower). Will see how things go with the moto tests tomorrow.

SS3 will be at "Pan's Shop" private track or something west of B. Nam Prea on the canal road. SS4 is going to be an MX-style running start and three laps. Rider service at 700 years parc ferme 7.00 am and then free run down to the track.

Well done "American" Alex, looking good. :MJ

Really nice private track down in Ban Nam Phrae. I slowed down a bit on the first motocross time trial for a final 6th (out of 12) in "International A". Other Team 50 Karaoke finishes were 1st in Supercup Family, 1st Supercup Open, and 5th Overall (on a D-Tracker 125 :DD ).

Will get a brief report, map, and pictures up this week.

Meanwhile, here I am entertaining the crowd with my post-race interview speaking flawless Northern Thai.

DSCN0389.jpg

...And here's a buddy on his way to winning family and open Supercup.

DSCN0310.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alexuk Under the Helmet 9
Back
Top Bottom