Buying a motorbike in Kunming, selling in Ruili

Joko_Londo

Bikes
Kenbo 125
I've been thinking about my next trip which will happen in October. I've thought about doing the Vietnam coast, buying a bike in the south and selling in the north. I know lots of folks do that frequently.

But I'm wondering how feasible that trip might be in China. I hope any China experts out there might be able to comment.

Could I buy a motorbike in Kunming, or maybe even Chengdu in Szechuan, drive around and to the Myanmar border (I live in Yangon) and then sell it at on the Chinese side at Ruili.

Probably not a problem to buy a motorcycle on the outskirts of Kunming (they aren't allowed into the city center, which means inside the second ring road) but even after selling the bike in Ruili, how can you cross into Myanmar? Current reports are that they aren't issuing any permits to cross the border into Myanmar there, which means you have to fly in (or travel a very long way via Laos and Thailand by road). That border is also a long way from being opened as an international crossing to third country nationals.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
prince666 China Information 2
Back
Top Bottom