BMW F 800 GS production to start in Thailand end of July 2014

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Quicker than all of us expected, production of the BMW F 800 GS to commence in Thailand at the end of July, 2014. Price rumored to be in the region of 500,000 Bht

From translation:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...5274535.121712.480890941944526&type=1&fref=nf

BMW announced the production pipeline. Vehicle adventure tours in the F800GS bearing Thai official.

The latest BMW Group preparing to invite a witness sue to open the F 800 GS production line at the end of this month at BMW-Rayong city estates. After this car components factory, NEC, and the packets already F800 R the sale price only baht 440000.

For the F800GS is expected to price in rate "five hundred thousand Bht"

10411306_818340474866236_1915035482141177668_n.jpg

Spoke to Kompol at Barcelona BMW, Chiang Mai, he could not confirm this.

Quicker than all of us expected, production of the BMW F 800 GS to commence in Thailand at the end of July, 2014....

well - a very reliable source told me earlier this week they will be available over here in the lovely motherland latest by January 2015 after all the homologation "Red Tape" has been completed.... nuff said'.....

Took both the 700 and 800 for a ride the other day here in OZ. Certainly loaded up with features (as standard) to tempt buyers at a good price.
Standard Features
- ABS (switchable), heated grips, on board computer, centre stand, pannier mounts, white LED ind.
Options Included
- Traction control, off road mode, electronic suspension adjust., comfort seat
Ride Away $16,990*

BMW Motorrad Australia

Looking like September here in Thailand minus the heated grip option i fear.

Nice taster video.

[video=youtube_share;L8Gi-FVTXN4]http://youtu.be/L8Gi-FVTXN4[/video]

With whispers from Kawasaki now that the KLR 650 might not be sold in Thailand, this might be the adventure bike of choice.

Looks like a pretty small scale operation, hope they can keep up with demand.

1000 units of BMW motorcycles out of the Rayong plant, that is about 10% of the Berlin production capacity.
Looking at global distribution, 10% for the ASEAN market seems a good bet to me!

Also considering the fact that the Rayong plant will only work on the two F800 models whilst Berlin does the whole production range!?
So that makes Rayong not that small!

Confirmation of price and delivery times of the BMW F 800 GS in Thailand

Had a chat with Barcelona BMW, Chiang Mai today, price is confirmed at 530,000 Bht.

They have orders for 17 bikes in Chiang Mai, 30,000 Bht deposit gets you a bike, first batch will be ready for pick up in Chiang Mai 1st, September, 2014.

If you order now and pay your 30,000 Bht deposit, they are not sure if you'll be able to be put on the 1st September, 2014 delivery schedule.

It's a great price for a great bike but I am holding my breath pending news on another brand.

If I was able to have two big bikes, this would be the second for sure.
Awesome bike it is.

Had a chat with Barcelona BMW, Chiang Mai today, price is confirmed at 530,000 Bht.

They have orders for 17 bikes in Chiang Mai, 30,000 Bht deposit gets you a bike, first batch will be ready for pick up in Chiang Mai 1st, August, 2014.

If you order now and pay your 30,000 Bht deposit, they are not sure if you'll be able to be put on the 1st August, 2014 delivery schedule.

I guess the alu panniers and gps are not included in the 530k price ?

I guess the alu panniers and gps are not included in the 530k price ?
alu panniers fit on GSA models. GS models have brackets that suit their plastic cases. If wanting alu panniers on GS models need to fit GSA pannier brackets.
Red bike pic by KTM Phil shows GSA pannier brackets but the army coloured one in the post by brakeo34 shows the GS brackets.

you can tell easy too by the badging on the side.
Here's a side by side shot of the 2. It seems not all markets share same as standard fitments either.
http://www.visordown.com/features/differences-bmw-f800gs-vs-adventure/22718.html

1000 units of BMW motorcycles out of the Rayong plant, that is about 10% of the Berlin production capacity.
Looking at global distribution, 10% for the ASEAN market seems a good bet to me!

Also considering the fact that the Rayong plant will only work on the two F800 models whilst Berlin does the whole production range!?
So that makes Rayong not that small!

Have been assembling at rate of 100 F800R bikes per year, now also assembling 800GS models.
For both Thailand and Malaysian markets.

Halleluyah! Do they really sell any at those prices? Guess they're not interested in volume.

The BMW seems to be a bargain compared to that.

Having ridden all 3 - the BMW's F 700GS and 800GS and the Tiger XC - the tiger is by far the superior road bike. The 800 is the best of the 3 for dirt and the 700GS is the cheapest.
For Australia - I'll be buying the 700 at some stage soon but want to sell 2 others first.
For Thailand - want something a bit more 2 up user friendly than the CRF so still undecided

The Thai BMW F 800 GS pricing (530,000 Bht) will have a huge impact on the quality-brand, motorcycle sellers in Thailand & a huge impact repricing the second hand Thai motorcycle market (as did the Honda CB 500 X - killed the Versys second hand price).

The Thai purchased BMW F 800 GS is:

- more than half the price of the KTM 1190 Adventure

2013-ktm-1190-adventure-studio-02.jpg

- nearly 40% cheaper than the Triumph 800XC

tiger xc 830k.jpg

- Same price as the touring setup Ducati Hyperstrada 821, which has cast wheels and too stiff suspension for adventure touring

2013-ducati-hyperstrada-1_600x0w.jpg

On the negative side, Reed has 2 BMW F 800 GS's used for tours, but says he wouldn't add any more because when they are damaged, the turn-around time from Barcelona BMW (ordering repair parts and getting them to Chiang Mai) is ridiculously long (with them off the road for so long, the lost revenue is immense, Kawasaki can normally turn around the same repairs in a 1/3rd of the time).

CRF will go in places u only dream with any of the other 'bigger' bikes+my experience with chiang mai honda service was very good (replaced both front seals/forks within 2 weeks,showed up at shop whn the forks arrived n done within half hour!) ..it really depends how much off road u want to do tho.although i like the torque of ADVs ,i do love lighter bikes in general.. in the middle of a long river crossing or mud area u will thank yourself ;)

Having ridden all 3 - the BMW's F 700GS and 800GS and the Tiger XC - the tiger is by far the superior road bike. The 800 is the best of the 3 for dirt and the 700GS is the cheapest.
For Australia - I'll be buying the 700 at some stage soon but want to sell 2 others first.
For Thailand - want something a bit more 2 up user friendly than the CRF so still undecided

Being in the market for an adventure bike I am tempted to trot of to bmw and put down a deposit on a f800 GS bit I would prefer the 800xc. Surely triumph will have to do something about their pricing now that their bikes are priced out of the market? I was in there the other day and noticed they no longer have tags showing the prices on their bikes anymore. I would love to know because I wouldn't mind the f800 that's for sure.

The f 800 and 800xc are very similar, who in the right mind would pay 300,000 more for an xc?

Are there any on display at Barcelona BMW to go look at yet?

3 days ago there wasnt one there, you could call Reed in Chiang Mai & look at his:

08 0493 1012

Being in the market for an adventure bike I am tempted to trot of to bmw and put down a deposit on a f800 GS bit I would prefer the 800xc. Surely triumph will have to do something about their pricing now that their bikes are priced out of the market? I was in there the other day and noticed they no longer have tags showing the prices on their bikes anymore. I would love to know because I wouldn't mind the f800 that's for sure.

The f 800 and 800xc are very similar, who in the right mind would pay 300,000 more for an xc?

Are there any on display at Barcelona BMW to go look at yet?

3 color choices (personally only like the white):

Alpine white

white.jpg

Cordoba blue

blue.jpg

Kalamata metallic matt (say that fast 3 times)

brown.jpg

I've seen a new small BMW car in that brownish-metallic color, it looked weird!

Not sure it's the same.

well ,the car maybe was weird,but this new color is a kind of nice on the bike..anyway I was curious to see it n went by Barcelona CM ,none there..the girl that was hanging around was for decoration purposes only :) n knew nothing about bikes,prices, delivery and of the existance of such thing , ( good reason to give her a ride n a longer chat elsewhere heheh ,but didn't happen ) did any delivery of the thai made done yet?

I've seen a new small BMW car in that brownish-metallic color, it looked weird!

Not sure it's the same.

Back
Top Bottom