BMW Announces R 1200 GS Adventure: The Ultimate Adventure Tourer? (Bike Reports) (New

Rss

Bikes
Yes
With nearly 8 gallons in its aluminum tank (that's right, aluminum), completely restyled bodywork, added wind protection (including, but not limited to a larger windshield), longer suspension travel, and all the electronic rider assistance devices imaginable, the new BMW R 1200 GS Adventure might just be the ultimate adventure touring rig. Although BMW just recently […]

More...

100713bottom.jpg

well... pictures say it all.....

Attachments

• comparo 1.jpg
    comparo 1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 3,241
  • comparo 2.jpg
    comparo 2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 531
well... pictures say it all.....

I guess when I said "another 2 wheel camper" I wasn't far off was I...and to prove it BMW moved another few pounds and inches in width into that direction - my XT500 with the 69Liter Touratech tank back in 1980 was smaller then that, and it was a monster - now put the Dakar Yamaha beside it to compare please...thank you!

Not saying it is not a great bike...not at all...I love it, gives me itchy hands and Sahara envy...but then I come to my senses, really. A well prepared and slightly modified XT or F would do a better true adventure bike...but one would need to put some work into it and that is always a good thing as you get to know your bike. sorry...just my 2cents worth. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom