Bike transportation in Thailand

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Bike transportation in Thailand

Had to ship a new Honda CRF 250 L from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, a friend that moves bikes around a lot recommended Trac Express Co. Ltd.

From their Bangkok Depot to their Depot in Chiang Mai the price was 1,500 Bht and very professional service, they called me immediately the bikes arrived in Chiang Mai. Bike was delievered to the depot in Bangkok and was in Chiang Mai the next day.

file.php

The Chiang Mai depot is a little tricky to find, easiest way would to be to take the Tapae gate bride and head east out of Chiang Mai on Charoen Muang Rd, stay on this road east which becomes R 1006 at the junction with R 11/ super highway. Stay on R 1006 (cross R 11 / super highway) and just after the junction with the middle ring road/ R 3029 , the Trac Express depot will be on your right.

trac express cnx depot location.jpg

Contact details for Trac Express Co. Ltd are below, click on it to enlarge

trac express.jpg

trac express shipping.jpg

Last edited:
Phil - did the 1500 baht price include the pallet and packing?

Also, do you know if there would be any issue with having gas in the tank? I know that your bike was brand new, and you did not have to worry about it.

BobS said:
Phil - did the 1500 baht price include the pallet and packing?

Also, do you know if there would be any issue with having gas in the tank? I know that your bike was brand new, and you did not have to worry about it.

It did include the pallet and packing, there was gas in the bike when it arrived, so i presume not an issue.

Amazing service and fantastic value, Phil. Imagine the cost of sending a bike by rail from London the Glasgow!

barrygrussell said:
Amazing service and fantastic value, Phil. Imagine the cost of sending a bike by rail from London the Glasgow!

You're right Barry, unbelievably cheap

I presume your new CRF250 L was transported overland by train or truck from BKK,Phil. Excellent price and service indeed. Especially considering that the pallet and packaging was included.

As a comparison I recently paid 27,871.80 THB to fly my DR650 across the Darien Gap. Yes, a flight but only a 1.5 hour flight.

Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand.

Cheers mate! Enjoy your new ride.

Yep - was by truck

SprintST said:
I presume your new CRF250 L was transported overland by train or truck from BKK,Phil. Excellent price and service indeed. Especially considering that the pallet and packaging was included.

As a comparison I recently paid 27,871.80 THB to fly my DR650 across the Darien Gap. Yes, a flight but only a 1.5 hour flight.

Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand,,,Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand ... Must get back to Thailand.

Cheers mate! Enjoy your new ride.

Ok just had the bike picked up by these guys.

so far the service is good.

Price for ER6n BKK - CM is 2,500 baht from their depo here. but paid 700 more and the came and picked up from the condo. (bike also had large Give top box and side panniers on it)

Used a 6 wheler with lift on the back. Simply drove on to the lift and my bike was loaded in. They also doid a good job in straping it down.

Intend to pick it up from the place in CM on Saturday.

We just arranged to get a KLX 140 picked up in Mae Rim and brought to our house just outside Pattaya. Total cost was 4500 baht. Will be collected today and here late tomorrow or possibly early Wednesday morning.

The contact number for the Chiang Mai guy is 089-6669589 and his name is Khun Sombon. Phoned the Bangkok office and they gave me his number.

Chiang Mai to Bangkok costs 16,000 Bht, you could probably get around 5-6 bikes on there. Less than 4,000 Bht a bike would be quite interesting.

11620401146_6776279915_b.jpg

11619795973_cf53653887_b.jpg

11619804603_4c08478e93_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom