Bike jeans

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
Last week I ordered a Maxler MJ004 (Korean made) riding jeans from CR Saddlebags, the knee protectors are covered with Kevlar material on the front. Separate hip protectors (without Kevlar) are supplied too. The price is good, 4100 baht and the fit is good, feels comfortable.

Now Khun Woraphat also mentioned to me another brand, Badass Jeans: www.badass-jeans.com
There is more Kevlar protection (hips and bottom area) in them and they are priced around 6000 baht.
The good thing is, this is a local Thai company making these jeans! The Kevlar is from Korea, their logo is really cool, it's my next riding jeans!

All the ones I see here are tight fit hipster style jeans in asian sizes.. Had a long look around the Bangkok shops and didnt find a single pair in a fit that wasnt skinny fit fashion style. Thats without needing 36 inside leg !!

I recently bought a set of Icon victory posted from the states.. Fits over my CE knee protectors, comfort fit.. Only 34 inside leg would prefer a bit more for the seating position but great stretch panels and kevlar etc..

If anything I wouldnt mind them being a little more tight at the lower leg but I think its because I feel they are short they feel more flappy, if they fell only my boots more when seated on the bike wouldnt feel as loose possibly.

Icon stuff I buy always seems to please.. Not had anything disappointing yet.

Badass lists upto size 40!
However the spreadsheet I saw did not specify length, which in my case could be a problem :rolleyes:
Seems there is a new bike shop in Chiang Rai who is their stockist, I will go and try a 36 one day.

Its not just waist tho.. I can fit some at 38 and theres usually a waist..

But its like they cut the thighs from the same pattern for all of them from 36 - 40.. And skinny jean fashion just isnt doing it for me.

I got some ride jeans with drilled leather inserts but the crutch is made too tight and very uncomfortable in the wrong place so i just wear a newish pair of Levi 501's.

All the ones I see here are tight fit hipster style jeans in asian sizes.. Had a long look around the Bangkok shops and didnt find a single pair in a fit that wasnt skinny fit fashion style. Thats without needing 36 inside leg !!

I recently bought a set of Icon victory posted from the states.. Fits over my CE knee protectors, comfort fit.. Only 34 inside leg would prefer a bit more for the seating position but great stretch panels and kevlar etc..

If anything I wouldnt mind them being a little more tight at the lower leg but I think its because I feel they are short they feel more flappy, if they fell only my boots more when seated on the bike wouldnt feel as loose possibly.

Icon stuff I buy always seems to please.. Not had anything disappointing yet.

I just returned a pair of Rhok Gen4 Jeans. Looked good in the youtube vids and web bike world review, but way too hot and heavy to stand around in. Had the hipster leg cut which adds to the heat/lack of airflow. Good protection though via Kevlar lining and hardshell CE rated hip/knee armor. A good cool to temperate climate riding jean imo.

Those Icon Victory's look more appropriate for hot weather. I note they only have aramid reinforcement at the knees/hips but that's the compromise for air flow. Also like the placement of the stretch panels although a similar color to the denim would be better imo.
Now looking for something similar as the Victory's are discontinued.

Back
Top Bottom