AUS MotoGP Bike Swap

What a crap "sprint" race! 19 laps with a compulsory stop & tyre change (ie bike change) before the 10th, which Marquez missed (or rather his dozy pit crew couldn't sort out coherently on his board) and got himself black flagged for..... please please make sure this was just a "one-off!"

Such a shame for Scott Redding..... Moto2 title within his grasp, then one spill and it's all over! Without being able to compete in Motegi, there's precious little chance he can win it now.

Bit of a farce..

MM got hurt,physically (high speed bump with Lorenzo) and championship points wise.

Still think he`s good enough to win it but being black flagged for coming in one lap late for a,very out of the usual procedure, pit stop is very harsh but he was aware of what was going on...interesting to find out.....what was he/his team thinking??

Agree; a complete farce.
Leave MotoGP as it is.
Stop trying to contrive excitement, as has been done in Formula1 (and that has been ruined).

MotoGP is already exciting enough.
LEAVE IT ALONE.

^ in all honesty Bridgestone`s effort was the cause.

They sent a batch of tyres to the newly resurfaced Phillip Island for the Superike race early in the year and the feedback was bad. They weren`t able to come up with a solution...bad on them,their name and reputation.

Very unprofessional...

After the race Marquez explained his team as a whole had believed completing lap 11 was permitted.
He stated, "The plan we had was not correct, we though that we could do that lap. We thought we could go into the pit at the end of lap 11. The problem was not with the pit board, that was fine, when I saw 'Box' I came in. Now we need to forget about it and just concentrate in Motegi."

They [DORNA] re-wrote the rules several times during the weekend and on race day, in the process creating a dangerous situation in the pits (which are well known to be tight) and then exacerbating it by extending the 60k/hr. zone, making absolutely sure riders re-entered the track at a massive speed difference to those already out there doing full laps.

ps: I was massively entertained though.

Attachments

• tyre.jpg
    tyre.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 377
Back
Top Bottom