Anyone want to share riding costs through China?

phile

Bikes
Triumph Tiger 800 XC
Hi all,
I'm planning a trip from the UK to Thailand and hope to leave towards the end of May.
I will be entering China at the Korgas pass from Kazakhstan and heading for Laos.
I have found someone who will organise all the paperwork for the bike and guide etc. for £5,900 for the 3 week trip.
If there is anyone out there that would like to do the same trip across China split the cost please let me know.
Cheers
Phil

Hi Chris,
It covers papework for the bike (temp import licence, plates, driving licence etc.) and a compulsory "guide" plus car, driver and fuel for them. I've a agreed a route and itenerary so i can see a bit of the country on the way to Laos which will take 3 weeks. That doesn't include accomodation or food for them either, so I'm budgeting another £750 for that on top of the £5900.
The people I'm dealing with come recommended by some people I know well, but am shopping around, but this lot look like the best option so far.
Cheers
Phil

Hi Chris,
Can't PM yet. I think I need to send mre messages first.
The guide isn't for Kazak, but China. The bulk of the £6k is for the guide and driver and car hire for them.
The Chinese travel co I'm booking it though came highly recommended via some Brits I know who live in China and have done Beijing to London before and are planning another trip for 2012.
It's a compulsory thing, I'm told. I worked in China for a few weeks in 1999 and while we weren't assigned "guides" we were followed by the same 4 blokes every day for two weeks.
Cheers
Phil

Phile, I thought you didn't need one for Kazak, not sure about china, can anybody else shed some light on that aspect??....

Do not right any cheques yet mate...

What are you riding, do you have a route planned..??

phile said:
Hi Chris,
It covers papework for the bike (temp import licence, plates, driving licence etc.) and a compulsory "guide" plus car, driver and fuel for them. I've a agreed a route and itenerary so i can see a bit of the country on the way to Laos which will take 3 weeks. That doesn't include accomodation or food for them either, so I'm budgeting another £750 for that on top of the £5900.
The people I'm dealing with come recommended by some people I know well, but am shopping around, but this lot look like the best option so far.
Cheers
Phil

Phile-

Have you considered buying a 250cc Chinese enduro bike in China (new USD$ 2,500) , registering it in your name in China and then you can ride around hassle free? .... There are several people here in Chiang Mai that would consider buying the bike from you at the end of your Chinese tour as it could be kept by them in Kunming China, an hour flight from Chiang Mai, Thailand.

A friend of ours a few years back did this and it was hassle free. Do the numbers and you'll see its the best way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom