Anyone heard this.. 0 % import tarrifs in 2 more years ??

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
Seems Yamaha are saying they are not bringing any new big bikes for the next year (does that squash the MT-07 rumor) because 2016 theres 0 import duties under the Japan Free trade agreement ??

ยามาฮ่าลั่นไม่ประà¸�à¸*บบิ๊à¸�ไบค์ หลังà¸*าษีลดเหลืà¸* 0% ในปี 2559 - Pantip

ทำให่ไม่สามารถเปิดไลน์ผลิตในประเทศไทยได้ เว้นแต่จะมีการเปลี่ยนแปลงของนโยบายตรงนี้

อย่างไรก็ตาม ไม่ได้มองว่าเรื่องนี้เป็นปัญหาของการทำตลาดบิ๊กไบค์ในประเทศไทยแต่อย่างใด เพราะการนำเข้ารถจักรยานยนต์ภายใต้ความตกลงหุ้นส่วนเศรษฐกิจไทย-ญี่ปุ่น (เจเทปป้า) นั้น อัตราภาษีนำเข้าจะลดลงไปเรื่อย ๆ จนเหลือ 0% ในปี 2559

Which machine translation gives me..

Do not open the production line in Thailand. Unless there is a change of policy here.

however, This was not seen as a problem of the big bike market in any way. Because importing motorcycles under Economic Partnership Agreement Thailand - Japan (JTEPA), the tariff will decrease until to 0% in 2559

That has the potential to totally revolutionize the Thai MSRP on new bikes no ??

First I have heard of this. I thought it was a much more gradual slower process over the next decade.

Fascinating news 'LivinLOS'.

Last week at Yamaha Chiang Mai I was told by Big Bikes Manager that the MT-07, despite whispers, is not coming to Thailand.

Ye-haa, that'll shake things up. Won't be holding my breath though.

Kawasaki, Honda, Ducati (some models), BMW 800 R - prices of these currently available bikes in Thailand wouldn't change would they? It would just make other, non-Thai assembled bikes available at realistic prices.

Kawasaki, Honda, Ducati (some models), BMW 800 R - prices of these currently available bikes in Thailand wouldn't change would they? It would just make other, non-Thai assembled bikes available at realistic prices.

BMW, Ducati and other non Japanese models will struggle if they do not have "manufacturing in Thailand". Many, like Ducati, have already started because of the advantages presented through the ASEA agreement which will allow them to penetrate the Asian and Australian markets more without the "made in China" drawback because despite the mess Suthep and his gang of thugs are making Thailand still enjoys a reputation for being the best cost/quality labour force available in Asia.

Japanese models have been seeing a yearly reduction in import taxes for the past four or five years already and yes, the taxes will be fazed out within two years, it's not a rumor, it's a fact. I've been trying to tell this to people still trying to sell their Kawasaki 250s for over 110-120k (brand new ones will be available at the same price soon, sorry, brand new ones are available at the same price now)...and those buying new bikes now...it is well worth waiting a year or 2 if you can stomach it, prices will be looking a lot different.

To those who tried to stone me for arguing my point there will be a rude awakening when they try and sell their over prised possessions.

I for one welcome this shift to reality when it comes to prices. Let's drink to that, cheers.

Vietnam is part of the Asea agreement so yes you will get your Vespa a bit cheaper next year but not like the Japanese bikes who in 2 years won't have any import tax left! Vehicles have only a small reduction within the Asea agreement when it comes to IMPORTING INTO Thailand.
So this will include Vespas from Vietnam?

Back
Top Bottom