Any idea's or Contacts for buying an older used XL-125 Honda in Hanoi .........

johnybrando

Bikes
1050 Speed Triple, Z-1, Big Singles
Hi Guys , maybe you know some one who might be able to assist me ? In 10 weeks time I fly into Hanoi for a 4 week adventure ... I'm planning to loop ride the North of Vietnam . I'll be on my own & I'm hoping to be able to find and buy ideally an oldish XL-125 Honda & spend a couple of day's prepping it before then heading off. If I have a good time I hope to find some one in or close to Hanoi who will then for a fee - garage or keep the bike covered & hidden away ,locked & secure ..... as I'd come back next year & do the same on the bike, but then next time ...maybe go South on a loop again .I'm trying to make email contact with some one ( maybe an Expat or local english speaking National who's into bikes there in Hanoi ! ) I'd like to see if I can find some one ( for a fee perhaps )who would help me to find in advance a couple of prespective bikes these lined up for me to check out when I arrive there & hopefully then buy I could buy one them..., this so i don't waste too much holiday time trying to hunt one down. If you know or think you know any one that might help I'd really appreciate your advise & assistance on this idea. I have been in touch with a couple of the shops there in Hanoi but really they just want to hire you one of there bikes or get you to go on one of there tours & the tours are too dear for me & thats not what I want to do anyway . I'd like to do it on my own or maybe with one other like minded person. Hiring a bike from these operators is OK but I'm thinking for maybe not too much more I can buy my own & then either sell it at the end & take maybe a smallish loss...... or, if I enjoy my experience I'll hang onto it there.......& I will then have it to use again ready and waiting & already known , tried & tested for my next trip there. I have a few times looked at Craig's List of Used bikes for sale there in Hanoi but it seems these old XL 125's are not that common really ...they are there alright, but it's just finding them ! I'm not really sure what the going rate for a half decent one is ???? A 4 stroke Trail bike would definitely be best suited for what I need & mechanically I'm OK & have sound knowledge in that department ( but I will not have my workshop there ...hopefully, if i need to use one I'll be able to pay a fee and use some one else's there !! ) here's my email should you think it practical to forward it onto some one in or out of the Forum that may be able to assist .... Thank you for any help or assistance you may offer me. Cheers, Johny Brando email : leeshelford@bigpond.com

Back
Top Bottom