Another BMW Recall

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
RT-1-300x225.jpg

BMW recalls R 1200 RT - Motorbike Writer

Wonder if BMW Thailand is going to be as accommodating as BMW Australia or if they just sweep it under the carpet until enough customers run their door in...like they did with the shaft and fuel pump recalls on the HP2 Enduros.

Wonder if BMW Thailand is going to be as accommodating as BMW Australia or if they just sweep it under the carpet until enough customers run their door in...like they did with the shaft and fuel pump recalls on the HP2 Enduros.

You can bet your life they will try to duck and dive their way out of it if its going to cost them any money

You can bet your life they will try to duck and dive their way out of it if its going to cost them any money

You said it!!!

I have it from a direct source that the dealership service managers are actually trained to "redirect towards the customer"...meaning that they learn how to explain to the customers that it's actually their fault for using the product in the wrong way.

When I learned that it instantly made sense why they kept telling "my buddy" that the bubbles in the tires was because of his driving style not because of a material defect...and the same with my drive shaft and fuel pump...apparently the drive shaft issues were caused because I was riding it too hard off road, they went as far as telling me that the fuel pump problems were my fault because I took the bike to the beach - we're talking about the HP2 Enduro...

You said it!!!

I have it from a direct source that the dealership service managers are actually trained to "redirect towards the customer"...meaning that they learn how to explain to the customers that it's actually their fault for using the product in the wrong way.

When I learned that it instantly made sense why they kept telling "my buddy" that the bubbles in the tires was because of his driving style not because of a material defect...and the same with my drive shaft and fuel pump...apparently the drive shaft issues were caused because I was riding it too hard off road, they went as far as telling me that the fuel pump problems were my fault because I took the bike to the beach - we're talking about the HP2 Enduro...

Alex BMW don't have exclusive rights to serving bull shit I'm in a Honda shop in Chiang Rai for the CRF-L first service. I explain some issues that needed checking amongst them the rear wheel was misaligned and the rear rotor was getting hot, the mechanic explained it was because I was riding with my foot on the break pedal !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forum Runner

Alex BMW don't have exclusive rights to serving bull shit I'm in a Honda shop in Chiang Rai for the CRF-L first service. I explain some issues that needed checking amongst them the rear wheel was misaligned and the rear rotor was getting hot, the mechanic explained it was because I was riding with my foot on the break pedal !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forum Runner

This is just insulting without limit...taking people for stupid like this, that mechanic deserved to get your boot in his ars while asking him if he thought you actually know what your foot is doing...damn, if all the Honda shops are like that (as unfortunately BMW shops are) a reason not to buy a Honda either.

Actually the warning signs came earlier when he asked if I wanted to change the oil filter or not !

I asked him to check the valves as it states in the service book, his reply, nobody goes that anymore.

Needless to say I won't be going back there for service in future.

...I asked him to check the valves as it states in the service book, his reply, nobody goes that anymore...

Of course not...do you? We all prefer doing nothing while waiting for the engine to crap out so they can rebuild it...LMAO

Must have been the same mechanic that was doing Rudi's XR600R, you know, the Rudi that was looking for a bigger tank but only wanted a perfect fit because "on a technical trail in the jungle everything has to be perfect"...and when I found him a brand new Touratech for only 8-9k he told me his bike has been in repairs ever since the day he bought it...the Honda shops couldn't figure out what was wrong with the bike. Changing balancing shaft and gears...but still not running right...what a bunch of jokers.

Back
Top Bottom