Al Capone MC Anniversary Ride

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
I was delighted when i was once again asked to join the Al Capone MC yearly ride out in Nan, the group are well known locally for helping local charities and fundraising event in the region.

After an interesting ride over ending a less than enjoyable Bo Klua loop in the dark, it was good to meet up with the guy's the next day (Thai time of course).

1 - 1.jpeg

I real cross section of machines these days, the newer members preferring more exotic machines over the Harley's

1 - 2.jpeg

1 - 3.jpeg

1 - 4.jpeg

Beautifully turned out HD in police livery.

1 - 5.jpeg

As usual, the suggested start time would be delayed as riders slowly arrived.

1 - 6.jpeg

Finally underway the club had chosen a loop some parts of which i had never ridden before and proved to be spectacular.

1 - 7.jpeg

Heading east towards the 1225.

1 - 8.jpeg

The forest sections proved to be a welcome relief as today was to be a scorcher.

1 - 9.jpeg

1 - 12.jpeg

Nice to see some lane discipline amongst the riders, so all could see each other.

1 - 13.jpeg

1 - 14.jpeg

A brief stopover was most welcome in a shaded spot.

1 - 16.jpeg

1 - 17.jpeg

Although we would be riding at a sedate pace later would be some fast sections we could ley rip, so as a guest i would be tail end Charlie and waited patiently

1 - 19.jpeg

1 - 20.jpeg

1 - 21.jpeg

1 - 22.jpeg

1 - 23.jpeg

Another rest stop one of the group procured a case of water which was hastily consumed.

1 - 24.jpeg

From Nam Muap the road is excellent with fast sweeping corners as we made our way to Wiang Sa for a very enjoyable lunch. I will post a gpx file of the route in a separate report.

1 - 26.jpeg

1 - 27.jpeg

20191023_120611.jpg

Back on the road and heading north on the 101 and a stopover for a small ceremony.

1 - 28.jpeg

The bike gathered in from a statue of King Rama

1 - 29.jpeg

1 - 30.jpeg

1 - 33.jpeg

Noi the president of the club

1 - 34.jpeg

You have to admire these guy's, great camaraderie between them.

1 - 35.jpeg

The stopover was also to patch in some new members, it's good to see new blood coming into the club to keep it alive.

1 - 36.jpeg

1 - 37.jpeg

By now in the midday sun, it was unbearable, then as if by magic an ice cream seller arrived on his chariot of cooling essentials

1 - 38.jpeg

1 - 39.jpeg

1 - 40.jpeg

1 - 41.jpeg

1 - 43.jpeg

1 - 44.jpeg

No patching ceremony would be complete without the consumption of alcohol, this would be the first of many that day.

1 - 45.jpeg

1 - 46.jpeg

1 - 47.jpeg

1 - 48.jpeg

1 - 49.jpeg

More whiskey to seal the deal.

1 - 50.jpeg

1 - 51.jpeg

A small but harmonious group.

1 - 52.jpeg

After the ceremony myself and Sean split as i wanted to see first hand the school the upcoming fundraiser was centred upon. The main building in the background in need of te most attention.

1 - 53.jpeg

Although the classrooms would be locked, it was clear to see maintenance was sadly lacking in all quarters.

1 - 54.jpeg

1 - 55.jpeg

The concrete stairs like polished glass and dangerous, some non-slip tape edging would cure that issue.

1 - 56.jpeg

Classroom doors almost off their hinges.

1 - 57.jpeg

At some stage the building had guttering, now the rain simply runs down the walls, resulting in structural damage long term.

1 - 58.jpeg

1 - 59.jpeg

Nursery building needs a lick of paint.

1 - 60.jpeg

1 - 61.jpeg

1 - 62.jpeg

1 - 63.jpeg

A short distance from the school are 3 small resorts that would be the perfect accommodation for riders costing 500 baht a night, more info in the Nan accommodation section.

1 - 65.jpeg

1 - 66.jpeg

1 - 67.jpeg

All 3 of the resorts equally appointed

1 - 68.jpeg

1 - 69.jpeg

1 - 70.jpeg

1 - 71.jpeg

1 - 72.jpeg

1 - 73.jpeg

1 - 74.jpeg

1 - 75.jpeg

1 - 76.jpeg

1 - 77.jpeg

Time to adjourn back to the crossroads fora few cold ones and a boozy party that evening i remember little about until i awoke early in the morning my head remined me.

Time for a nice 6 am ride on the 1091 to clear the senses and enjoy the views on my way back to Chiang Rai

1 - 79.jpeg1 - 80.jpeg

1 - 81.jpeg

1 - 82.jpeg

1 - 83.jpeg

You take the most beautiful photos when you have a very bad hangover!
Thank you Mr Sven those are with the Sony A5000 it compensates for a lot ...

I have been using a Sony A6000 a little bit more than a year now. Great camera. I think it is almost the same as the A5000.
But I cannot take photos of people with it! Temples are fine because they stand still most of the time!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bsacbob Thailand Ride Reports 3
Back
Top Bottom