After the broken bones....swimming pool therapy.....

MartinThai

Bikes
'97 H-D Electra Glide, '91 H-D FXRS, '96 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin
..... and how nice to find a terrific local pool, just a couple klicks down the road from my place out Maejo way!

Don't know if any of you have found this wee gem, it's on the 121 at the crossroads with the 1001 CM - Maejo road.

DSCN0595.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

See the pick-up and bike through the trees beyond the pool? That's the 1001 CM - Maejo highway.

DSCN0599.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

Lake View Park II Clubhouse, 50 baht for a days swimming (800/month)

DSCN0602.jpg

This is how close to the crossroads it is!!

DSCN0603.jpg

nice find martin.did you get in for some therapy for the knee or just sit there sinking cold ones all day?

Great to see you on the road to recovery Martin ;)

Do they still do massage upstairs at that place ?

Ally

I started wading in waist deep water 8 weeks after my knee reconstruction last year but i`ve found doing backstroke with flippers on (not using my arms) to be the most beneficial for my knee as it builds the quads up which compensate for a dodgy knee.

The wading was good at first for freeing the stiffness up and trying to get it work normally again without it carrying the full weight of the body.

Good luck with it.

"Nice find Martin. Did you get in for some therapy for the knee or just sit there sinking cold ones all day?"

You'll be disgusted to know I didn't even look for the grog fridge Crowy...... but I will today!! :D

"Great to see you on the road to recovery Martin ;)

Do they still do massage upstairs at that place ?

Ally"

Thanks Ally..... it was terrific to be mobile again, I found I can pilot my little Airblade auto quite comfortably by sitting back on the pillion seat and resting my leg straight out into the footwell..... great to be out under my own steam again, despite the Chiang Kham doc saying "Ride your bikes again? Next year." :| 8-) Don't know about the massage.... I'll ask. Personally I doubt it, the place looks like it's on it's last legs business wise..... I was thinking it'd be a great place to take over privately and open a swim pool cafe/bar business!

"I started wading in waist deep water 8 weeks after my knee reconstruction last year but i`ve found doing backstroke with flippers on (not using my arms) to be the most beneficial for my knee as it builds the quads up which compensate for a dodgy knee."

That's a bloody good idea Loop...... I've just broken out my old Mares pro fins so I'll give 'er a go today! It's now just under 5 weeks since surgery and Dr Anupong at CM Ram was a little dissapointed at how little I could bend my knee, so I think the swim therapy is going to work well.

Personally I doubt it, the place looks like it's on it's last legs business wise..... I was thinking it'd be a great place to take over privately and open a swim pool cafe/bar business!

Martin, if you are serious, I can put you in touch with some local folks (Thai/Farang & related to our family) who did just the same at that place a couple of years ago. They ran the pool & the cafe/restaurant.

Ally

Personally I doubt it, the place looks like it's on it's last legs business wise..... I was thinking it'd be a great place to take over privately and open a swim pool cafe/bar business!

Are you thinking along the lines of Country Club road where you used to live!

Martin, if you are serious, I can put you in touch with some local folks (Thai/Farang & related to our family) who did just the same at that place a couple of years ago. They ran the pool & the cafe/restaurant.

Ally

Without getting anyone's hopes up I'd be very interested to hear if there's a figure being bandied about: it may be so far outside my budget that I would stop interest immediately...... but ya never know! I'm actually looking at locations for my next venture right now..... it looks like my little knee escapade may bring things forward as I've got 3 months here to play with, and could easily set what I have in mind up in that time, get it up and running and then go back to my month on month off work around mid June.

Well that was bloody hard work..... took Loops suggestion/advice and got into the pool with my fins today for a bit more intensive workout..... first obstacle was how to put a fin on a leg that will not bend at the knee! Anyway, overcame that and did a couple of workouts on my back, just using the fins to push myself through the water..... bloody painful and I can feel all the stiffness in me leg muscles and tendons, but as they say, no pain no gain! I only stuck it for a couple of reps over an hour, but I'm sure if I keep it up and increase a little day by day, it'll be hugely beneficial.

Unfortunately had to keep dodging little Thai shrimps...... forgot it's the bloody school holidays!! MILF's were scarce on the ground too!! :lol:

Yeah best to take it easy at first Marty and build your way up slowly.

I found that on your back the flippers tend to sink deeper in the water and create more resistance rather than splashing on the top when chest down.

I had another knee reconstruction 32 years ago and read about a Rugby League player who`d had the same op back then using the flippers in the pool and did the same.

Yep, you're damn right...... feet were way down low so a lot of resistance propelling myself accross the pool..... good exercise.

Our Brit Rugby players live by the mantra "Take care of the neck, knees and knackers!" (Shame we were up against an Aussie ref and a bloody good Welsh side in our recent Six Nations debacle!! ;) )

What was the score for that one Martin?

What was the score for that one Martin?

Highway 1148 V Martin & Africa Twin: 1 - 0

Ohhhhhh, we're talking about the rugby hahaha! Well, we might've 'ad a chance if we were only up against the Taffs, but they had an Aussie ref on their side! :phil

Is this place still open?

I'm getting to Chiang Mai in mid May and I'm about ready to hit the pool. I'm still on crutches, but improving.

Hi Martin : I had a complete knee reconstruction from a snapped ligament 30 years ago. Each day when I went to therapy, they would put my leg in a small sports style stainless Jacuzzi tub with VERY hot water. After about 10 minutes of that, the therapist would then work on me by stretching my leg back with a lot of pressure. Made me want to cry each day, but it worked to get full backwards extension.. :-) Also a whole lot of quad leg curls, and hamstring curls. These are the muscles that will stabilize the knee joint. Therapy is boring, but it is what will bring you back 100 %......

Hi Martin : I had a complete knee reconstruction from a snapped ligament 30 years ago. Each day when I went to therapy, they would put my leg in a small sports style stainless Jacuzzi tub with VERY hot water. After about 10 minutes of that, the therapist would then work on me by stretching my leg back with a lot of pressure. Made me want to cry each day, but it worked to get full backwards extension.. :-) Also a whole lot of quad leg curls, and hamstring curls. These are the muscles that will stabilize the knee joint. Therapy is boring, but it is what will bring you back 100 %......

I had the same ACL reconstructed last year as well as 30 years ago too.

I went through the same bending of it then and near in tears from it plenty of times back then.

I`m pleased to say that they don`t put the leg in a full cast any more and encourage bending it not long after surgery so that the joint doesn`t seize up. Also the hinged brace can be removed when sleeping and showering after the staples come out.
About a week after i had my last one done i was asleep and woke needing to go to the bathroom and forgot about it and jumped straight out of bed and onto it....@#*&!! that hurt 555

After the op the doctor told me they had removed a piece of nylon fishing line that had been used to tie the ligament back to the bone in the original op 30 years before.

Here`s a vid of the procedure that was used for mine at Rajavej hospital in CM using a grafted piece of tendon secured by dissolving grub screws. I was awake while they were drillig the upper and lower leg bones and smashing the pin through them to thread the graft through with a big lump hammer....the whole table i was on was shaking with every blow :(

Looks like I'm also heading for a reconstruction Loop.
Were you satisfied with the treatment at this hospital?

" ..... used for mine at Rajavej hospital in CM ... "

Did they put you onto a rehab regime and/or give post op care?

Did you get any details about if this place was seriously for sale?

..... and how nice to find a terrific local pool, just a couple klicks down the road from my place out Maejo way!

Don't know if any of you have found this wee gem, it's on the 121 at the crossroads with the 1001 CM - Maejo road.

View attachment 15684

View attachment 15685

See the pick-up and bike through the trees beyond the pool? That's the 1001 CM - Maejo highway.

View attachment 15686

View attachment 15687

Lake View Park II Clubhouse, 50 baht for a days swimming (800/month)

View attachment 15688

This is how close to the crossroads it is!!

View attachment 15689

Looks like I'm also heading for a reconstruction Loop.
Were you satisfied with the treatment at this hospital?

" ..... used for mine at Rajavej hospital in CM ... "

Did they put you onto a rehab regime and/or give post op care?

Rehab was hit and miss as there were misunderstandings between the doctor and the rehab people and the rehab people and me and the doctor and me :( TiT 555

I consulted the internet and found what i needed there :)

Early rehab was ok at the hospital and then lifting weights at home as well as some isometrics for the first 6 weeks.

In the end it was the first class job the doctors did with the op that mattered in the end.
Just go to the casualty dept there and they`ll send you for an MRI after an examination (unless you already have that done?) to confirm what he problem is.

Back
Top Bottom