Things are certainly hotting up in the model's coming available :dirtbike:

Well the XT unveiled at Intermot, this from Motorcycle News:

1.jpg3.jpg

• 645cc liquid-cooled V-twin
• 68bhp / 44lbft
• Wire wheels
• V-Strom 1000 style ‘Beak’
• Optional hard luggage

The massively popular V-Strom 650 has been a real gem in the Suzuki range over the last decade, and 2015 sees it get a decent raft of updates to make it even more relevant for riders looking to cross continents, with the massive millstone of a large capacity adventure bike.
Intended to be versatile, comfortable, and unintimidating, this new XT model will sit alongside the existing V-Strom 650 (at least for the short term), and will offer owners wire-spoked aluminium wheels, more adventurous styling and wider range of adventure-orientated accessories.
The 650XT inherits the lightweight and rigid aluminium twin-spar frame and swingarm of the current model. By replacing the cast aluminium wheels with wire-spoked items the chassis absorption is increased at low speed. The newly designed rims – manufactured by DID – are designed to be mated with tubeless tyres in sizes 110/80 R19 front, and 150/70 R17 rear.
The new front ‘beak’ harks back to the Gaston Rahier’s Paris-Dakar rally DR-Z, and the DR-BIG production bike that followed it, and also means the 650 and 1000 share a face. In completely stock trim the new XT looks a little unfinished, but with the new hard panniers, crash bars, adjustable screen and other adventure must-haves, the new bike looks every bit the global adventurer.
Prices have not been confirmed, but we expect the XT to start at around £7000.

Heidenau have tubeless Scouts for these wheel sizes. Looks like it weighs in the same as the F800GS. Not sure about the beak, but it seems de rigueur in this class of bikes nowadays.

Promo vid of the new XT

[video=youtube_share;5aws5-GcKJ8]http://youtu.be/5aws5-GcKJ8[/video]

Promo vid of the new XT

[video=youtube_share;5aws5-GcKJ8]http://youtu.be/5aws5-GcKJ8[/video]

Is this video supposed to be promoting the bike??? The only memorable image I come away with is a red bird!

Pretty poor considering the hype around the model and the 70's music made me :toilet:

I keep looking at the photos of the new bike, the curve that extends from the tank through to the beak and the 'adventure features'. I want to like it. It's a sensible choice for Thailand. Not expensive, capable, take K60's, is there any other bike that currently matches it in terms of 'sense' in today's Thai market?

But I don't like it. It's ugly, it's boring, it 'looks' big in the flesh. I don't like the shape of the mirrors. It's "a bike I should ride, but not a bike that makes me want to ride it".

What are your views on the updated V-Strom?

Well the XT unveiled at Intermot, this from Motorcycle News:

View attachment 31358View attachment 31359

• 645cc liquid-cooled V-twin
• 68bhp / 44lbft
• Wire wheels
• V-Strom 1000 style ‘Beak’
• Optional hard luggage

The massively popular V-Strom 650 has been a real gem in the Suzuki range over the last decade, and 2015 sees it get a decent raft of updates to make it even more relevant for riders looking to cross continents, with the massive millstone of a large capacity adventure bike.
Intended to be versatile, comfortable, and unintimidating, this new XT model will sit alongside the existing V-Strom 650 (at least for the short term), and will offer owners wire-spoked aluminium wheels, more adventurous styling and wider range of adventure-orientated accessories.
The 650XT inherits the lightweight and rigid aluminium twin-spar frame and swingarm of the current model. By replacing the cast aluminium wheels with wire-spoked items the chassis absorption is increased at low speed. The newly designed rims – manufactured by DID – are designed to be mated with tubeless tyres in sizes 110/80 R19 front, and 150/70 R17 rear.
The new front ‘beak’ harks back to the Gaston Rahier’s Paris-Dakar rally DR-Z, and the DR-BIG production bike that followed it, and also means the 650 and 1000 share a face. In completely stock trim the new XT looks a little unfinished, but with the new hard panniers, crash bars, adjustable screen and other adventure must-haves, the new bike looks every bit the global adventurer.
Prices have not been confirmed, but we expect the XT to start at around £7000.

Well just placed my order in Chiang Mai for the new XT, it will be unveiled in BKK on the 29th of November delivery is promised for the 10th of December on the road price 365 K Baht excluding hard luggage.
10366223_1599571026937877_6065327037095445210_n.jpg

What colour did you go for Bob? Does that price include the engine protection and handguards?

supernice BOb congrats!! I actually test drive the 2014 model last month in CM! very interesting bike :DD

supernice BOb congrats!! I actually test drive the 2014 model last month in CM! very interesting bike :DD

What colour did you go for Bob? Does that price include the engine protection and handguards?

Thanks guy's gone for the grey, hand guards and crash bars and engine guards are included in the price as far as i am aware but the guy was unsure as he had next to no information.

Thanks guy's gone for the grey, hand guards and crash bars and engine guards are included in the price as far as i am aware but the guy was unsure as he had next to no information.

should be included,they were offering the non XT model for 350k ,and the guy said I had to change the wheels myself if I wanted to 'XT' it .Nice buy!I 've been tempted :bliss:

Look's like my bike here agreed to let them display it for ten days while i'm away will need to make sure to check the speedo :deal look's like it's a naked bike and they give 15K to add goodies.

1418294798544.jpg 1418294802990.jpg

1418294807421.jpg 1418294813681.jpg

1418294816569.jpg

Congrats Bob...so what will it be for the brake-in trip to Surin...Crocodile Jamballaia ok with you? Just got some nice tail meat yesterday, now in the freezer awaiting to see the new acquisition :DD

Tempting Alex very tempting indeed

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Proper tubeless spoke wheels on it too Bob, now why cant all manufactuers make spoke wheels this way and make inner tubes obsolete

Good one Bob and welcome to the V Strom club, have just caught up with the news. Many maintenance free days ahead, my 09 has 110k without problems. I have a set of lowering links you can have.

Good one Bob and welcome to the V Strom club, have just caught up with the news. Many maintenance free days ahead, my 09 has 110k without problems. I have a set of lowering links you can have.

Thanks Gary will let you know on that they do have a low seat option also. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forum Runner

Well the 10 days display period Chiang Mai Suzuki asked for has expired so i called to see about picking up my nice new ride, got this message back from the sales manager in Chiang Mai.

Why am i not surprised, hardly the beginning of a beautiful friendship with the dealership, i guess some hi-so has jumped ahead of me.

"I'm really sorry that I can't deliver motorbike to you on time. Actually my manager and I decided to deliver motorbike to you after finished Motor Show. But we've got only one bike and can not sell because it's a demo bike. THAI SUZUKI said that if we sell a demo one, the other customers won't have a chance to see the real V-Strom650xt. And THAI SUZUKI confirmed that can deliver new motorbike in the end of January 2015. I'm really sorry that I can't keep my promises and let you down. I'll try my best to deliver motorbike to you as fast as possible."

That's not very good at all Bob, piss poor service indeed

really sux! well,the bike was there in the shop 3 days ago, I stopped by to have a look :GF

The first question would be...did you have to give them a deposit? If so, now it would be time to get that back since they did not deliver on their promise and make it clear to them that they will only get paid once they deliver...otherwise you will end up waiting with your cash tide up there until they do have one for you.

I would also suggest that anyone passing by there take a look to make sure it is there and not in some hi-so garage that, as happened before to me as well, just got ahead of the line without even paying extra.

Well...another company added onto my shit list. Keeping the very short list of really good and trustworthy dealers and mechanics is a lot easier...

Based on your experience I will now boycott Suzuki in Thailand as well...as I said in another thread, Red Baron is the solution for me. I had an FJR1300, an R1 and a Fazer from them and have always had good prices and great service. Khun Vikrom is a real gentleman when it comes to business, always went out of his way for my needs and never once broke his word.

quiet amazing what this guy throw at it !(basic version/no spoke wheels)

[video=youtube_share;hWTIbA4InY0]http://youtu.be/hWTIbA4InY0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty cool music too, would love to take a look at those rim's after that ride :ride:

pretty cool music too, would love to take a look at those rim's after that ride :ride:

...and forks' seals! ;) ..:jumper:
anyway nice machine!could be really ADVd with some suspensions too ;)

Look's like mentioning the word Honda to the Suzuki dealer had the desired effect, pick the bike up on the 30th of December from Chiang Mai :giving:

Look's like mentioning the word Honda to the Suzuki dealer had the desired effect, pick the bike up on the 30th of December from Chiang Mai :giving:

haha nice one!good timing for the Nan ride! btw there was no XT on show at Suzuki a couple days ago,said was sent to Lampang(?)

Bob did CM Suzuki give you the latest deal that includes 20000 baht of Suzuki product.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Bob did CM Suzuki give you the latest deal that includes 20000 baht of Suzuki product.

Yes they did Gary but it's actually 15 K the bike comes bare bones apart from nose beak.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forum Runner

Knowing you Bob the
bike will not be bare bones for long. Remember I have the lowering links

Back
Top Bottom